• outside shot of Waldo library

    Front entrance of Waldo Library

Students studying bassoon may pursue a bachelor's degree in a variety of areas such as performance, music education, composition or music therapy. Graduate degrees include a Master of Music degree, a Master of Arts degree and a Graduate Certificate in Music Performance. For more information regarding the process, consult the Irving S. Gilmore School of Music's Graduate Studies webpage

Note that auditioning into the Irving S. Gilmore School of Music requires that you are accepted by both the University and the bassoon studio—two separate routes that you must follow to ensure your admission. Please see the appropriate links for more information on the bassoon audition requirements.