Bassoon events for 2021-22
Weekly reed class, with times to be announced. Otherwise, check back for an updated listing of events for 2021-22.
Highlights from 2020-21
Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, many performances were cancelled and studio events were scheduled online.
- Christopher Millard: Principal bassoon, National Arts Centre Orchestra, principal bassoon, Grand Teton Music Festival, and former bassoon faculty at Northwestern University. International woodwind artist/teacher.
- Kristin Wolfe Jensen: Professor of Bassoon, Butler School of Music at the University of Texas, Austin.
- Michael Harley: Associate Professor of Bassoon, University of South Carolina. Alarm Will Sound (founding member). Dark in the Song, Rushes Ensemble.
- Dana Jessen: Director of Professional Development and Associate Professor of Contemporary Music and Improvisation, Oberlin Conservatory of Music. Splinter Reeds founding member.
Jake Crouse solo performance with the WMU University Symphony Orchestra: H. Villa-Lobos, Ciranda das Sete Notas
Kerrissa Siverthorne solo lecture recital of unaccompanied work for bassoon
Junior recital, Nick Shields
Various other live student events, including performances by the University Symphony Orchestra, University Wind Symphony, and University Symphonic Band.
Upcoming important off campus dates
- International Double Reed Society Conference: July 26-30, 2022, University of Colorado, Boulder.
View a complete listing of Irving S. Gilmore School of Music concerts.
For more information or to confirm an event, contact the Irving S. Gilmore School of Music at (269) 387-4667.