Western Michigan University's Environmental Health and Safety will provide pick up and containers for hazardous waste disposal that is generated from university-related activities. Please call (269) 387-5593 for pickup or questions or to report a spill. Private residents may drop off their household hazardous waste at the Kalamazoo County Household Hazardous Waste Center.
Types of materials picked up
- Biohazard and sharps waste
- Chemical lab wastes
- Fixed tissues
- Oil and latex paints
- Photo chemicals
How to collect waste for disposal
- Label each container with its content.
- Keep waste separate for effective disposal costs.
- Place sharps in an approved locking container.
- Place biohazards in leak-proof bag/container.
- Electronics wastes are recycled through Logistical Services (269) 387-8811
- Fluorescent lamps are recycled through Custodial Services (269) 387-8085
- Recycling Services at Office for Sustainability (269) 387-8165
- Broken or used glassware are recycled through Custodial Services (269) 387-8085
Notify us at (269)387-5593 with the location and we will remove for disposal. Notify us of any spills.