The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is located in Elson S. Floyd Hall in the WMU Business Technology and Research Park. The department offers five separate degree programs:
- Computer engineering (B.S.E.)
- Electrical engineering (B.S.E.)
- Master of Science in Computer engineering
- Master of Science in electrical engineering
- Ph.D. in electrical and computer engineering
The department boasts seven dedicated instructional laboratories, circuits, digital logic, electronics, embedded systems, machines, microprocessors and senior design. It also has nine research laboratories spanning the research interests of the current faculty.