The center brings together researchers, expertise and resources from multiple STEM disciplines across the University and is funded by a $350,000 grant from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may also schedule an appointment or contact us via phone or WebEx. Please call (269) 276-3142 with further questions.
Western's Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award honors recipients such as Dr. Massood Atashbar on the basis of outstanding artistic, literary, philosophical, historical, technical or scientific achievement, bringing wide recognition from the academic community beyond the University’s campus.
Power outages are happening more frequently and for longer time periods across the country, spurred by the combination of more extreme weather events— from heat waves to wildfires to hurricanes—and an aging energy infrastructure. It's a race against time to transition to renewable energy as the window to reverse the damage done by carbon emissions continues to close, says Dr. Pablo Gomez, associate professor of electrical engineering and director of the WMU Power Lab.
Research centers, laboratories and institutes
- Computer Architecture and Systems Research Laboratory
- Digital Image and Signal Processing Laboratory
- Energy Conversion and Power Electronics Laboratory
- Parallel Computing and Data Science Laboratory (joint with Computer Science)
- Intelligent/Fuzzy Logic Controller Laboratory
- Molecular Beam Epitaxy Laboratory
- Neurobiology Engineering Laboratory
- Nonlinear Circuits and Systems Laboratory
- Power Equipment Simulation and Design Laboratory
- Radio Frequency and Communications Laboratory
- Sensor Technology Laboratory
Department faculty are also affiliated with these research centers:
- Information Technology and Image Analysis Center
- Center for Advanced Smart Sensors and Structures
- Center for Advanced Vehicle Design and Simulation
- Center for the Advancement of Printed Electronics
- Center for High Performance Computing and Big Data