The Planning, Space Management and Capital Projects Division provides space management for Western Michigan University, including:
- Evaluating and providing recommendations.
- Processing requests for space.
- Support for the Space Allocation Committee.
Space Management Policy
To assure all University owned, occupied or leased spaces at the Western Michigan University campuses in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek are properly managed.
Objectives of the University space management system are to:
- Maintain and provide a space inventory, including architectural floor plans and related text data.
- Provide meaningful data analysis and modeling of existing and projected space needs.
- Conduct on-going facility audits with the objective of physically verifying all spaces on campus.
- Conduct a review of space allocation on a periodic basis.
- Enable informed decisions and the equitable allocation of space through the Space Allocation Committee.
Space Request Procedures
Space policies and procedures are administered by the Space Utilization Manager, part of the Planning, Space Management and Capital Projects Division of WMU Facilities Management.