The Planning, Space Management and Capital Projects Division provides space management for Western Michigan University, including:
- Evaluating and providing recommendations.
- Processing requests for space.
- Support for the Space Advisory Committee.
Generally, departments and/or divisions will manage space assignments in their own areas. Departments and/or divisions must engage the Space Advisory Committee (SAC) when space assignment and re-assignment crosses divisions, requires space renovation that equals or exceeds one-million dollars ($1M), changes the primary function of a room whether within or across departments/divisions, or for new construction requests.
Bronco Project request Bronco Space Request
Space Management Policy
To assure all University owned, occupied or leased spaces at the Western Michigan University campuses in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek are properly managed.
Objectives of the University space management system are to:
- Maintain and provide a space inventory, including architectural floor plans and related text data.
- Provide meaningful data analysis and modeling of existing and projected space needs.
- Conduct on-going facility audits with the objective of physically verifying all spaces on campus.
- Conduct a review of space allocation on a periodic basis.
- Enable informed decisions and the equitable allocation of space through the Space Advisory Committee.