Finance and personal financial planning majors belong to numerous organizations across campus. The Department of Finance and Commercial Law supports the student-run Financial Services Club, which offers opportunities for students to learn more about careers in finance and to network with fellow students and with finance professionals during their time at Western Michigan University. In addition, the Business Law Society provides programming for those interested in a business law career path.
Business Law Society
- Faculty advisor: Dr. Norm Hawker
- Faculty advisor: Dr. Carol Hustoles
- Open to all business majors and minors, and students interested in business law careers.
Financial Services Club
The Financial Services Club is an organization of students interested in financial services careers such as financial planning, insurance, accounting, estate planning, wealth management, etc. Student membership includes membership in the Society of Financial Service Professionals, which is made up of professionals from across the country. The Financial Services Club brings together students, professors and professionals for educational, social and networking opportunities.
- Faculty advisor: Dr. Wenling Lu
- Open to all finance majors and minors, personal financial planning majors, accountancy majors and minors and students interested in financial services careers.