Pre-business, B.B.A., M.S.A. or MBA students at Western Michigan University who participate in a Haworth College of Business approved study abroad programs are eligible to apply for the following scholarships:
- Haworth College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship
- Haenicke Institute for Global Education Study Abroad Scholarship
Business students who are members of Lee Honors College should also apply for the Susan M. Dick International Study Abroad Scholarship.
Students Applying For Semester-long Programs
If you are applying to a semester-length or full-year study abroad program, please schedule the following two appointments for assistance with your application and scholarship process.
- Barb Caras Tomczak in the Global Business Center, 2320 Schneider Hall
- Specialist in the Haenicke Institute for Global Education Study Abroad Office assigned to the country/region destination of your program.
Students Applying FOR Short-term Programs
If you are applying for a short-term (summer I or II, fall or spring), WMU faculty-led study abroad program and seeking scholarship assistance, please complete the program and scholarship application in Broncos Abroad and indicate your desire to apply for the Haenicke Institute for Global Education Study Abroad Scholarship. This scholarship is comprised of need-based and merit components.
- Students who have filed a FAFSA with WMU Financial Aid may apply for the Haenicke need-based study abroad scholarship.
- Haencike merit-based study abroad scholarships and Haworth study abroad scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
Once the student completes the program and scholarship information in Broncos Abroad, the study abroad office and the college of business scholarship committee will determine awards.
Please note: While all FAFSA-eligible students may receive a need-based scholarship from the Haenicke Institute, students may only receive the Haenicke Institute merit award or the Haworth College of Business study abroad scholarship, but not both.
Read more detailed information from the Haenicke Institute for Global Education. Students are also encouraged to contact the WMU study abroad office with questions or concerns.
For additional information about short- or semester-long study abroad scholarships for business students, please contact Barb Caras-Tomczak. Email Barb Tomczak | (269) 387-5133.