The application period for the 2021-22 academic year is open from December 2, 2020, through February 28, 2021.
Each year, Western Michigan University students majoring in any area of marketing at the Haworth College of Business are invited to apply for various scholarship. In addition, a number of scholarships are also available solely for those majoring in advertising and promotion, electronic business marketing, marketing, or sales and business marketing. To apply for a scholarship from the Department of Marketing, complete the following application.
Food and consumer package goods marketing students: This scholarship information is not for food marketing majors. Those students should complete the food and consumer package goods marketing application. Questions? Email Lisa Youtzy or call (269) 387-2132.
Separate applications are required for Haworth College of Business scholarships.
The qualifications and conditions associated with each marketing scholarship are listed below.
General eligibility requirements
- Must have a major slip on file in the Department of Marketing unless otherwise specified.
- Must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher at WMU unless otherwise specified.
- Must have a minimum of 56 credit hours completed prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Must be a full-time student (carrying a minimum of 12 semester hours) at the time of application and when receiving funds.
Advertising and promotion scholarships
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in advertising and promotion who have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Advertising and Promotion Advisory Board Scholarship
- Chee Tor International Student Scholarship
- Cynthia Wrazien-Hirt Endowed Memorial Advertising Scholarship
- The Dr. L Fund
- Philip A. Long—VMLY&R Internship and Scholarship
- Ronald J. Davis—VMLY&R Internship and Scholarship
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in marketing who have a 3.0 GPA or higher and who are active in University and community activities.
- AMA-Southwest Michigan Scholarship
- Bob and Amy Samples Marketing Scholarship
- Derek Sagan Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Andrew Brogowicz Scholarship
- James W. Richmond Marketing Excellence Scholarship
- Robert B. Trader Endowed Marketing Scholarship
- Zahir Quraeshi Endowed Scholarship in Marketing
Sales and business marketing scholarships
These scholarships are available to individuals with a declared major in sales and business marketing who have a 3.0 GPA or higher (unless otherwise specified below) and who are active in University and community activities.
- Bob and Amy Samples Sales and Business Marketing Scholarship
- James W. Richmond Sales and Business Marketing Scholarship
- Ronald A. Elenbaas Sales and Business Marketing Scholarship