The Western Michigan University Department of Marketing, part of the Haworth College of Business, is housed in Schneider Hall on WMU's main campus in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and offers four majors and supports two interdisciplinary programs:
- Advertising and promotion
- Food and consumer package goods marketing
- Sales and business marketing
- Interdisciplinary programs in electronic business marketing and integrated supply management
WMU Haworth is among an elite group of fewer than 5 percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business International. It is among a select 1 percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized accreditation for their accountancy programs.
- Sales and business marketing students have excelled at the National Collegiate Sales Competition where more than 40 universities and 80 students from the U.S., Canada and Mexico participate. Western Michigan University students have consistently finished in the top 10 at this event.
- Advertising and promotion majors have frequently won top honors in the National Student Advertising Competition.
- A team of students developed a creative strategy that captured national first-place honors at the Promotional Products Education Foundation National Collegiate Competition sponsored by the Promotional Products Association International.
- Marketing association members compete at the American Marketing Association National Marketing Competition. Students have twice placed second overall out of 100 competing universities.
- The food and consumer package goods marketing program is one of the premier such programs in the United States. The program's annual food marketing conference draws more than 500 representatives of the food marketing industry.