What can you do with a marketing bachelor’s degree from Western Michigan University’s Haworth College of Business? The possibilities are endless.
Vital to any successful organization, marketing is about building and maintaining valuable relationships with customers by creating, delivering and communicating value through sound, data-supported strategic planning. You will be prepared to seek positions in business-to-consumer, business-to-business, consumer goods, and service companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
With more than 10,000 marketing alumni represented nationally and globally, it’s no wonder the WMU marketing major is nationally recognized. Explore why the marketing program may be the best option for you!
Pride in our program
The marketing major at WMU Haworth is among the largest undergraduate programs in the nation with a national reputation. The academic quality and student success of our program is evident in:
- Alumni in positions as CEOs, presidents, executive vice presidents and directors.
- Student teams that have placed several times as one of the top five universities in the American Marketing Associations case competition.
- The largest number of short-term international study abroad programs at WMU Haworth, including Germany, Thailand, Chile and the Dominican Republic.
- MKTG 2500—Marketing Principles
- MKTG 3710—Marketing Research
- MKTG 3780—Marketing Analytics
- MKTG 4770—Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 4860—Marketing Strategy
Electives (three required)
- MKTG 2900—Intro to Food and Consumer Package Goods
- MKTG 3600—Professional Selling
- MKTG 3720—Sourcing and Purchasing
- MKTG 3730—Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKTG 3740—Advertising and Promotion
- MKTG 3760—Sales Management
- MKTG 3800—Sports Marketing
- MKTG 4500—Customer Relationship Management OR CIS 4500—Customer Relationship Management
- MKTG 4750—International Marketing
- MKTG 4780—Special Topics in Marketing
- MKTG 4791—Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
- MKTG 4820—Advanced Sports Marketing
- MKTG 4840—Marketing Logistics
- MKTG 4980—Readings in Marketing
- BUS 3960—Study Abroad Seminar
A bachelor’s degree in marketing from WMU Haworth can prepare you for a number of career options in areas like market research, marketing strategy and brand management, customer experience, advertising and promotions, and digital marketing.
Marketing students who have completed the program have many job opportunities and have gone on to start marketing careers at major companies such as:
If you have questions or concerns related to your coursework, or you seek career advising, contact a faculty member listed below:
Dr. Robert Harrison
Office: 3169 Schneider | (269) 387-5261
Email Robert Harrison
Dr. JoAnn Atkin
Office: 3166 Schneider | (269) 387-6238
Email JoAnn Atkin
Dr. Alhassan Mumuni
Office: 3262 Schneider | (269) 387-5269
Email Alhassan Mumuni
Dr. Zahir Quraeshi
Office: 3282 Schneider | (269) 387-6093
Email Zahir Quraeshi
Dr. Ann Veeck
Office: 3148 Schneider | (269) 387-6140
Email Ann Veeck