About the Sales and business marketing Degree
Nationally ranked as among the best university sales programs since 2007, the Western Michigan University sales and business marketing program will provide you with the skills for future success in sales and upper-level management.
One of just a handful of programs in the U.S. that offers an undergraduate degree focused on selling and sales management, this Haworth College of Business program provides an intense, sales curriculum and hands-on experiential learning taught by top faculty who come to WMU after distinguished careers in executive-level sales roles. Employers—both business-to-business and business-to-consumer—are so impressed with our sales undergraduates and the quality of the curriculum that they recruit from WMU year after year.
What can you expect from a sales and business marketing career? A goal-oriented environment, a people- and process-focused job, a good deal of freedom, and widely differing positions ranging from prospecting to face-to-face selling. Find out how our sales program will give you the competitive edge for a successful future now!
Pride in our program
Graduating with a sales and business marketing degree means being proud of where you come from. Our program:
- Has had the title of a “Top University Sales Program” since 2007, awarded by the Sales Education Foundation.
- Is ranked No. 2 in the “Top U.S. Sales Schools” by study.com.
- Offers experiential learning with state-of-the-art technology through the Robert S. Kaiser Sales, Negotiation and Leadership Lab.
- Gives students an opportunity to earn an average starting salary of more than $44,000 per year (not including bonuses and incentive pay).
- Welcomes more than 125 companies on campus to recruit for inside and outside sales positions at some of the biggest global corporations.
- Has repeatedly finished in the top 10 of the National Collegiate Sales Competition, top five in the National Sales Challenge and in the top three of the State Farm Sales and Marketing Competition.
Provides many student organizations to help you get involved: WMU Sales and Business Marketing Association, Delta Sigma Pi and the American Marketing Association. SBMA is the largest student organization in the Haworth College of Business!
Sales and business marketing coursework
- MKTG 2500—Marketing Principles
- MKTG 3600—Professional Selling
- MKTG 3710—Marketing Research
- MKTG 4100—Selling Skills Development
- MKTG 3760—Sales Management
- MKTG 4600—Advanced Sales Strategies
- MKTG 4700—Business Marketing Strategy
Elective required (one)
- MKTG 2900—Intro to Food and CPG Industries
- MKTG 3730—Internet Marketing
- MKTG 3740—Advertising and Promotion
- MKTG 3770—Sales Promotion
- MKTG 4730—Direct Marketing
- MKTG 4750—International Marketing
With 100% of our students employed or in graduate school within three months of graduation and 100% job satisfaction, there’s no question a degree in sales and business marketing opens up a variety of career paths. Companies our graduates have worked for include:
Contact a faculty member listed below with questions or concerns related to your coursework, or for career advising.