Bachelor's in Leadership and Business Strategy
Leadership and business strategy gives you a competitive advantage and accelerates your career, no matter your major. You will gain the skills most desired by top companies—leadership, teamwork, and strategic problem solving. Through two internship-level consulting experiences, you will grow personally and professionally in a community of the hard working, ambitious students.
Points of Pride
What can I do with a bachelor's degree in leadership and business strategy?
Leadership and business strategy are necessary for any company to grow. As a graduate from the program at WMU Haworth, you'll gain the skills most desired by top companies—leadership, teamwork and strategic problem solving. Not to mention the confidence and personal development you will yield between your courses and two internship-level consulting experiences. Leadership and business strategy students must have a second major, or choose to minor in the program, because leadership and strategy are skills and not specific business functions. You'll be uniquely prepared your for whatever industry and field you choose.
Recent graduates from the leadership and business strategy program have these titles:
- Business consultant
- Corporate philanthropist
- Lead innovation associate
- Sales development representative
- Senior associate
- Staff technology consultant
- Ernst & Young
- Southwest Airlines
Learning that launches your career
- Stand out in a crowd: Leadership and strategic problem solving are extremely important but also rare skills among undergraduate students. You will gain these skills, giving you a competitive advantage that translates into more job opportunities, higher pay and the chance to accelerate your career.
- Real-world experiences: You will engage in two internship-level consulting experiences focused on solving real problems, with real companies, with real CEOs, and with real consequences. Your learning directly impacts people’s lives. This makes your learning experience incredibly relevant, meaningful and engaging.
- Leadership experience and development: You will lead a team of seven peers on a consulting engagement with a company. This gives you an unprecedented opportunity to become a leader. We surround you with other student leaders and executive mentors to create a community dedicated to honing your leadership ability.
- Personal growth and transformation: You will grow as a professional and a person. Challenges, responsibility, self-reflection and a welcoming environment give you the clarity, confidence and self-knowledge necessary to thrive no matter your career path.
Are scholarships available?
Are scholarships available?
Yes. We offer a variety of scholarships for leadership and business strategy students based on merit and financial need.
Center for Principled Leadership and Strategy
The center serves students, executives and the West Michigan business community by providing deeply immersive opportunities that combine education and professional business experience. You will undertake large-scale consulting projects, experience executive mentorship and receive guidance in acquiring and operating small businesses.