Learn about legislative activity impacting WMU in the Bronco Advocacy Network newsletter.
Bronco Gubernatorial appointments
Congratulations to the following Broncos selected for gubernatorial appointments
- Russ Kavalhuna, of Battle Creek, WMU executive director of flight operations, appointed to the Michigan Aeronautics Commission.
- Ben Geiger, of Nashville, Commission on Community Action and Economic Opportunity.
- Kevin Klein, of Traverse City, appointed to the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Task Force.
- Laurie Linscott, of East Lansing, appointed to the Early Childhood Investment Corp.
- Ola Smith, of Kalamazoo, WMU professor of accountancy, reappointed to the Board of Accountancy.
- Douglas Datema, of Grand Rapids, was reappointed to the Elevator Safety Board.
- Daniel Tinkey, of St. Joseph, was reappointed to the Board of Athletic Trainers.
- Ronald Wheeler, of DeWitt, was reappointed to the Board of Real Estate Appraisers.
- David Worthams, of Kalamazoo, was reappointed Board of Real Estate Appraisers.
The governor's office is always seeking qualified candidates to serve on boards and commissions. Learn how to apply via the governor's Appointments website.
BRONCOS IN THE LEGISLATURE
WMU is proud to have seven Broncos currently serving in the Michigan Legislature:
- Rep. Julie Alexander (R-Hanover)
- Rep. Tom Barrett (R-Potterville)
- Rep. Kim LaSata (R-St. Joseph)
- Rep. Dave Maturen (R-Brady Township)
- Rep. Mike McCready (R-Birmingham)
- Rep. Aaron Miller (R-Sherman Township)
- Rep. Kristy Pagan (D-Canton Township)