Learn about happenings in the Michigan Legislature in the monthly recap issued by the Bronco Advocacy Network.
Bronco Gubernatorial appointments
Congratulations to the following Broncos selected for gubernatorial appointments
- Matthew Mingus, of Kalamazoo, WMU public administration professor, appointed to Human Trafficking Commission.
- Jennipher Wiebold, of Kalamazoo, WMU associate professor of rehabilitation counseling, reappointed to Michigan Council For Rehabilitation Services.
ECONOMIST, WASHINGTON LABOR EXPERT NAMED AS WMU'S NINTH PRESIDENT
Dr. Edward B. Montgomery, dean and professor of economics at Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy, will become the ninth president of Western Michigan University Aug. 1. A nationally known labor economist who played major roles in both the Clinton and Obama administrations, Montgomery was selected by unanimous vote of the WMU trustees during a special meeting convened April 12. Read more in WMU News
BRONCOS IN THE LEGISLATURE
WMU is proud to have seven Broncos currently serving in the Michigan Legislature:
- Rep. Julie Alexander (R-Hanover)
- Rep. Tom Barrett (R-Potterville)
- Rep. Kim LaSata (R-St. Joseph)
- Rep. Dave Maturen (R-Brady Township)
- Rep. Mike McCready (R-Birmingham)
- Rep. Aaron Miller (R-Sherman Township)
- Rep. Kristy Pagan (D-Canton Township)