Grants and Contracts is part of Office of Research and Innovation and housed in Walwood Hall 240W on WMU east campus. We are open and continuing normal operations until further notice. Link to current COVID-19 information as it relates to WMU researchers.
- Advising appropriate Western Michigan University officials on matters relating to Federal and State laws, University rules, regulations and policies pertaining to fiscal management of sponsored research.
- Ensuring that the business interests of the University are protected in the terms of proposed agreements and throughout the operation of such agreements.
- Determining that the University complies with all provisions of contracts, grants, or agreements entered into with external sponsors.
- Maintaining auditable records in support of direct and indirect charges to contracts, grants, or agreements.
- Preparing and submitting billings and fiscal reports required by sponsors.
- Preparing the facilities and administration proposal and negotiating the facilities and administration rate.
Questions about existing projects, allowability of costs, reporting requirements, re-budgeting, fringe benefits and facilities and administration cost should be directed to (269) 387-4707.