The School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs brings together academic programs focused on core cross-disciplinary, interprofessional competencies needed for effective practice in health care and human services.
The school includes the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Services and Sciences, which prepares students for several of our master's degrees programs, or, on its own, prepares graduates for a number of careers in health care. The Bachelor of Science in Public Health and the Master of Public Health which prepare graduates for a rapidly growing field.
Diversity and Inclusion
The School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs works in harmony with WMU and the College of Health and Human Services’ missions, committed to enhancing diversity, promoting a climate of inclusion and strengthening collaborative partnerships to fulfill the vision of healthy community and transformative education, practice and research.
The Diversity Plan for the School of Interdisciplinary Health Programs outlines strategic actions the school plans to take to enhance diversity and inclusion.
Mission, Vision, Values
- Learner-Centered - Facilitate learning through challenging and effective experiences
- Professional Excellence - Pursuing your best every day
- Transparency - Communications and decisions are open, clear, and accountable
- Healthy Relationships - Mutual respect and attentiveness to the ideas, feelings, and concerns of others as well as a willingness to share one’s own
- Equity - Sharing in the ownership of our unique and collective experiences and responsibilities
Developing competent, diverse, and compassionate professionals, sought by communities, to improve health and wellbeing.
Produce cutting-edge programs of choice that inspire multidisciplinary professionals to shape the future of health and wellbeing.