Graduate Assistantships

In order to be eligible for a graduate assistantship, an applicant must be accepted into a graduate program offered in the Department of Physical Therapy at Western Michigan University. Students must be enrolled full-time (minimum 6 credits per semester) during the appointment as a graduate assistant in the College of Health and Human Services. Currently, the two 10-hour/week positions for the 2020-21 academic year, fall/spring semesters, have been filled but check back later regarding positions for the 2021-22 academic year.

GA Responsibilities:

The Department of Physical Therapy Graduate Assistant will support the DPT program in various administrative activities, including, but not limited to:

  • Serving as a program ambassador at admission and campus events
  • Research tasks
  • Organizing and maintaining the DPT classroom and lab space.

Minimum Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and
  • Enrolled in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Western Michigan University
  • Students must be in good standing to be eligible

How to Apply:

  • Submit a Cover Letter/Statement of Interest (no greater than one page)
  • Submit a copy of your resume
  • List of 3 references

Please submit all documents by TBA. 

Send them to:

Dr. Amy Heath
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Department of Physical Therapy
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5383 USA

Or email them to:


This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in the above job. It is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.