The Resiliency Center for Families and Children uses a transdisciplinary trauma approach to address multi-dimensional patient needs. The various discipline expertise within the Unified Clinics provide an integrated approach to helping individuals and families cope with adversity and build resiliency. Some of our services include
PROVIDING Trauma Responsive Intervention for Mental and Behavioral Health
BUILDING Trauma Responsive Treatment Capacity in Professionals and Pre-Professionals
CREATING Cutting Edge Research to Facilitate Resiliency in Michigan and beyond
- Comprehensive Trauma Assessment for Children and Adults: Assessment of the impact of exposure to traumatic events, neglect, abuse, domestic violence or community violence, removal from biological family, moves within the foster care system, and more.
- Trauma-Focused Therapies: Trust-based relational intervention for at-risk children (TBRI), Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for children (TFCBT), Caregiver Co-Regulation Coaching, Treatment for Sexual Reactive Youth Behavior, Attachment-focused Therapy, Structured Parent-Child Observation, and more.
- Family Assessment and Treatment: Trauma-specific family centered assessment, couples and family conflict management, child behavioral problems treatment, and more.
- Recovery Services for Addiction: Evidence-based behavioral health assessment and treatment (individual and group sessions).
- Behavioral health services: Alcohol awareness services, substance abuse services, recovery services for addiction, counseling, prevention and diversion interventions, and other assessment, counseling, and treatment for mental health issues.
- Psychology and Counseling for Children, Adolescents, and Adults: Behavioral, social, and emotional growth, depression, anxiety, tic disorders, social skills, eating disorders, support for transgender individuals, intellectual assessment, and more.
- Occupational Therapy for children and adults: Treatment for individuals with deficits in function, difficulty in independent living skill, self-regulation, coping strategies, emotional recognition, and appropriate social interaction skills.
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Screening: Assessment of the impact of suspected fetal alcohol exposure.
- Animal Assisted Therapy: Registered therapy dog(s) incorporated into children trauma assessment and trauma-focused treatment.
- Psychology and Counseling for Youth: Behavioral problems, academic/school concerns, toileting, and more.
- Music Therapy.
- Audiological Services: Diagnostic and rehabilitative services.
- Communication Enhancement Services: Evaluation and treatment for individuals with speech, language, voice, swallowing, respiration, and resonance disorders.
- Low vision: Diagnostics and training for significant visual impairment.
- Optometry Services.
- Social Worker Consultation and Resiliency Plan of Care: Your caseworker and the Resiliency Center for Families and Children team will discuss the services that will best fit you and/or your families needs. The team will create a plan of care with internal and/or external referrals.
- Education and Professional development: Ongoing continuing Education Units (CEUs), workshops, and professional training. Check our Professional Development page for more information).
- Case Management and Referrals: Our case managers will collaborate the process of assessment, planning, care planning, evaluation, referrals and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual's and/or family's comprehensive health needs through communication and available internal and external resources to promote resiliency.
- Integrated Community Services: By forging partnerships with services offered in our area, the Resiliency Center for Families and Children will collaborate and share resources to promote resiliency.
- Consultation and Advocacy: Trauma-related responsive care support, consultation, and advocacy to Michiganders and community partners.