Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5444 USA
- Ph.D., University of Colorado
- B.A., University of California
Dr. Bill Cobern has a joint appointment in the Department of Biological Sciences and the Mallinson Institute for Science Education at Western Michigan University, and he served as the Director of MISE from 2003 to 2017.
He began his science education career as a high school biology and chemistry teacher, and has also taught science at the elementary and college levels. At the institute he teaches a variety of courses for science teacher development and science education research. He has an active research program funded by the National Science Foundation.
Cobern is a:
- Fellow of the American Scientific Affiliation
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2006
- Fellow of the American Education Research Association, 2008