- SIGN 1010 - American Sign Language I - Credits: 3 hours
- SIGN 1020 - American Sign Language II - Credits: 3 hours
- SIGN 2010 - American Sign Language III - Credits: 3 hours
- SIGN 2020 - American Sign Language IV - Credits: 3 hours
- SIGN 2030 - Deaf Culture and History - Credits: 3 hours
American Sign Language Studies (Minor)
The Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences offers an academic minor in American Sign Language Studies. This minor may be of particular interest to students majoring in areas such as communication arts and sciences, business, education, linguistics, music therapy, vocal music, occupational therapy, interdisciplinary health services, nursing, psychology, social work and others.
Pre-professional studies in such curricula as pre-dentistry and pre-medicine can also be augmented meaningfully through inclusion of studies in American Sign Language.