Service Continuity Update (1/11/21)
Please be on the lookout for continued communications from President Montgomery and our Provost, Dr. Jennifer Bott, regarding the university’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. WMU remains open and the STEP Program is here to provide academic support designed to enhance learning.
STEP tutoring is available Sunday through Friday, throughout the day, starting Monday, January 11 for the Spring 2021 semester.
Tutoring services will be offered from a distance as our staff works remotely during this time. You will be able to receive access to tutoring and academic support through Microsoft Teams. See the information below for instructions about connecting to online tutoring.
For more information about your tutoring options, you may call our office at (269) 276-3258.
You may also contact the STEP Program by email:
- Ben Carr, Academic Advisor-Retention
Phone calls and emails will be attended to in the order received. Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!”
REMOTE TUTORING OPTIONS
Academic help is available for:
• Computer science
• Most Engineering Subjects
- Log in to Microsoft Teams in your web browser (Google Chrome recommended), go to wexchange.wmich.edu and log in - use YourBroncoNetID@wmich.edu and password. (It's important to include "@wmich.edu" after your Bronco NetID at this login.)
- Click on Teams app logo and Teams will open in a new browser tab.
- Click the gold button below to go to the CEAS Academic Support Hub team. When you see the "Stay better connected..." message in your browser, click Use the web app instead. Click Join Now.
- Engineering & applied sciences tutoring hub
- Non-CEAS Subject Tutoring HUB
- You will automatically be in the "General" channel. In the left-side menu, look for the major you need help with and join that channel.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says “start a new conversation”.
- Type your name and class you need tutoring on, like this: "I’m Buster B. I need help with CHEM 1100."
- Tutors will be monitoring this section and will respond to each student.
- Tutors will open a video chat with the student. Students will need to click Join Chat when the invitation appears. If a chat has already been started in that channel, feel free to join!
- Other students may be able to join this chat (at your discretion) if they need help with the same subject.