Bronco Study Zone
The Course Assistant Program is offered in-person at the Bronco Study Zone (located on the third floor of Rood Hall) and virtually on the Academic Support Hub via Microsoft Teams.
Spring 2024 Bronco Study Zone hours
Monday through Thursday
WMU Academic Support Hub (Virtual) Hours
Mondays and Tuesdays
Resources and Benefits
The Bronco Study Zone offers an array of resources through a one-stop model to support students and help keep them on track academically. If the Bronco Study Zone is unable to meet a requested need, students are referred to the appropriate campus resource.
Support services offered by the Bronco Study Zone
- Free drop-in assistance for your courses.
- Group collaboration on course assignments.
- Learning various academic skills such as effective note-taking, time management, study tactics, test-taking strategies, and coping with test anxiety.
Location and Map
The Bronco Study Zone is located on the third floor of Rood Hall on campus in Kalamazoo.
3374 Rood Hall
Bronco Study Zone/Schedule CTA
Bronco Study Zone Your one-stop resource for course assistance, collaboration, and academic skills.
Academic Support Hub for Online Tutoring
The Bronco Study Zone, the Math Tutor Lab, the Statistics Help Room, and the Physics Help Room use the Academic Support Hub to provide course assistance. Follow the steps below to log in and find the WMU Academic Support Hub in Teams.
Steps to Connect to Online Tutoring
- Check the Bronco Study Zone Schedule to identify when a tutor is available to assist with your course. Courses are listed in the left column. Use the tabs at the bottom of the page to view each day of the week.
- Log in to Microsoft Teams
- In your web browser (Google Chrome recommended), go to W-Exchange and log in using your Bronco NetID and password.
- Click on the Microsoft Teams app logo (it's blue/purple) and Teams will open in a new browser tab.
- Click the blue button below to go to the WMU Academic Support Hub team. When you see the "Stay better connected..." message in your browser, click Use the web app instead. Click Join Now.
- At the bottom of the page, click the New conversation button.
- Post the title of the course you need help with in the chat.
- A tutor will open a video chat to assist you! When you receive the video chat notification, click Join Chat.
Note: Other students may be able to join this chat (at the tutor's discretion) if they need help with the same subject.
Point of Contact
Program Manager, Bronco Study Zone
Western Michigan University is committed to supporting you in achieving your academic and personal goals. For specific comments or questions, or to learn more about the Course Assistant Program and the Bronco Study Zone, contact me directly or reach out to us on Facebook.