Career and student employment services supports students by empowering them to develop the skills necessary for reaching their career goals. Through career advising, and learning about career pathways, WMU students get ready for the world of work or service after graduating.
Specific services and programs include:
- Access to Bronco alumni to help answer career questions.
- Assistance finding a campus job.
- Career coaching to learn about career pathways.
- Creating a professional “brand” using social media and technology.
- Eight job fairs every year to meet with potential employers.
- Getting an internship.
- Perfecting resumes, curriculum vitae, cover letters and job applications.
- Practice interviewing sessions with professional HR recruiters.
Handshake is an interactive website for students and employers to connect about jobs, career events and schedule interviews. Students can search for jobs, learn about companies, get directions on how to apply and get advice. Both employers and students use Handshake as the primary job search resource at WMU.