All Western Michigan University students enrolled in a study abroad program are covered by WMU's Study Abroad Insurance Program. The cost of the insurance is included in the WMU program fee.
- 2023-2024 WMU Study Abroad Insurance Plan Benefit Brochure
- 2023-2024 WMU Study Abroad Insurance ID Card
Per University policy, private insurance or coverage through a separate study abroad program is not accepted to replace the WMU study abroad insurance plan.
With the risks involved with international travel, WMU students may be interested in securing their own supplemental travel insurance beyond what is included with the WMU Study Abroad program. WMU Study Abroad has worked with our partners to identify an appropriate travel insurance product. Please note the following important information about this supplemental insurance:
- This supplemental insurance is not required by WMU, and must be purchased independently by students
- This insurance is known as 'Cancel For Any Reason' and provides reimbursements for trip cancellations or interruptions
- To explore this Cancel For Any Reason supplemental insurance, please visit the following website.
Contact the WMU Study Abroad Office at (269) 387-5890 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.