We’re excited to welcome you to Kalamazoo—in person—to introduce you to life as a Bronco. Campus visits are one of the best ways for you to view student life first-hand—see our favorite spaces like Sangren Plaza and Miller Fountain—in other words, begin to imagine what life will be like as a Bronco!
To ensure the health and safety of you and the Western Michigan University community, we have implemented the following measures based on public health directives from the State of Michigan and the Center for Disease Control:
Before your visit
All visitors are required to register for a tour in advance at wmich.edu/visit. To allow for proper social distancing, families are limited to three (3) members: the prospective student and two (2) guests. We regret that we will not be able to accommodate walk-in visitors.
- Check for COVID-19 Symptoms: Please perform a COVID-19 symptom assessment before arriving on campus and stay home if you do not feel well or if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
- Face Coverings: Bring a face mask. Face coverings are required and should be worn at all times, including the entire tour. You may review WMU’s Facial Covering (Mask) Policy online. Facial covering (mask) means a cloth/fabric material that covers a person's nose and mouth. Other masks such as N95 medical masks and similar clinical masks are also acceptable facial coverings. Face shields or other coverings that do not fit snugly against the face do not meet the definition of facial covering for purposes of this policy.
- Pre-Arrival: After registering for the tour, you will receive specific information about campus arrival and check in location via email. Please read thoroughly.
On the day of your visit
For the safety of you and our campus community and to adhere to state and CDC guidelines, we’ve adjusted our campus visit experience:
- We will follow social distancing guidelines during your visit and ask that you do the same. Please maintain six (6) feet between you and the tour guide and admissions staff.
- Residence halls and dining facilities will not be included on the tour.
- While we eagerly anticipate meeting you in person, admissions staﬀ will not be shaking hands out of an abundance of caution—please don’t be oﬀended.
While WMU is taking all precautions to safeguard you and our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk. If any visitor shows symptoms and tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of visiting campus, please report that information to the Sindecuse Health Center.