Welcome to WMU!
Thank you for your interest in visiting Western Michigan University! We love to help welcome future graduate students to our community. We are hosting small, in-person tours while also being conscious of safety measures and physical distancing for both our campus community and visitors. As such, our graduate student ambassadors are prepared to offer you both virtual and in-person options.
Additionally, we have a self-guided tour app (Search "WMU Campus Tour" in your preferred app store) that can be used both on-campus and remotely from the comfort of your own home. If you choose to come to campus, the app will connect to GPS and give you turn-by-turn directions. After downloading the app, you will need to create an account (or sign in if you have already used the app), so that you are able to use the app in its entirety.
Should you choose the in-person visit experience, you will receive a graduate student-led walking tour through our campus. Please note that building access can change rapidly and some buildings remain closed for the time being.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
Before scheduling a campus tour, we recommend that prospective graduate students contact their academic department to schedule a visit for program-specific information. Every effort will be made to coordinate the campus tour with the departmental visit.
The campus tour with be a general main campus tour provided by a graduate student ambassador. Tours are primarily offered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the Fall and Spring semesters, exclusive of holidays and breaks. For semester dates and breaks, please visit our online academic calendar.
All visitors are required to register for a tour in advance using the form posted below. We regret that we will not be able to accommodate walk-in visitors.
- Check for COVID-19 Symptoms: Please stay home if you do not feel well or if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are required, regardless of vaccination status, in campus buildings. Please review WMU’s Facial Covering (Mask) Policy for specific details.
- Pre-Arrival: After registering for the tour, you will receive specific information about campus arrival and check in location via email. Please read thoroughly.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT
For the safety of you and our campus community and to adhere to state and CDC guidelines, we’ve adjusted our campus visit experience:
- Face coverings are required, regardless of vaccination status, in campus buildings. Please review WMU’s Facial Covering (Mask) Policy on the morning of your visit to check for any policy updates.
- Dining facilities will not be included on the tour.
If you have any questions about your upcoming visit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus VIsit Request Form
Please complete this form to request a campus visit.