Western Michigan University Dames Endowed Scholarship
Eligible graduate students may submit nomination materials for the Western Michigan University Dames Endowed Scholarship. First awarded in 1997 through an agreement between Western Michigan University and the WMU Women’s Association, the scholarship of $200 to $500 is offered to offset the cost of tuition, books, and/or fees. The scholarship will be offered on a competitive basis to exceptional graduate students who have demonstrated financial need.
Deadline: Application closed April 6, 2021
Application for the WMU University Dames Endowed Scholarship is closed.
- The nominee must have completed 15 graduate credit hours at the time of application.
- The nominee must be in good academic standing.
- The nominee must NOT have a WMU graduate appointment.
- The nominee must NOT have Third Party support. International governmental scholarships/funding and tuition remission by employers are two examples of third party support. Note: Federal Loans are NOT considered Third Party Support.
- Receipt of any of the following awards disqualifies students from consideration for the WMU University Dames Endowed Scholarship: Dissertation Completion Fellowship; Gwen Frostic Fellowship; Patricia Thompson Dissertation Award; Fulbright Scholarship; King Chavez Parks Future Faculty Fellowship; Thurgood Marshall or Graduate Education for the Professoriate Fellowship.
Letter of Support
A Letter of Support will be needed by the student's advisor or the department/graduate program advisor or the department chair. Instructions for identifying the person to write a letter of support is detailed in the online application. That person will receive an email with instructions to upload the letter of support in InfoReady.
If you have questions about the application process for this award, please contact Diana Berkshire-Hearit.