Admitted Student Events
Congratulations on being admitted to Western Michigan University! As part of your next steps, we encourage you to register for an Admitted Student Event and learn more about becoming a Bronco. These virtual events for incoming first-year students will allow you to receive assistance completing your next steps, engage with WMU representatives and get your questions answered about joining the Bronco community. Next steps include signing your intent to enroll form, submitting your admissions deposit, registering for new student orientation and on-campus housing, and submitting your FAFSA. If you have any questions about completing your next steps, please reach out to your Admissions Representative or the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
admitted student event dates
Due to local and state guidelines, we will be holding the 2021 admitted student events virtually. Each event begins at 10 a.m. ET.
Register now for:
Registration for the rest of the dates will open in late January.
- Friday, March 5
- Friday, March 19
- Friday, April 9
- Friday, May 7
If you want to get a glimpse of the sessions being offered before you register, visit the Admitted Student Event schedule page.
Join us the night before each event for an Admitted Student Event Social. Interact with current Broncos along with other incoming first-year students. Find a roommate; make friends and play games!
Get ahead of the curve by completing your Intent to Enroll form in the Gold Gateway and paying your admissions deposit prior to the event, as you will need to complete them in order to register for new student orientation.
The virtual Admitted Student Event is anticipated to last several hours. You will be able to create your schedule from a variety of sessions at the time you register, including:
- Academic Colleges, including Lee Honors College and Exploratory Advising
- Living on Campus
- New Student Orientation
- Student Panel
- Study Abroad, Career Services, Military and Veterans Affairs, WMU Signature and more!
How to attend a Virtual Event
Prior to the event, please download the Zoom app to your desktop or mobile device. You can check your event itinerary through the confirmation email you received. You will also receive a reminder text message 5-10 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Each event officially begins at 10 a.m. EDT, but you can log on at 9:30 a.m. to view some additional resources and an event welcome video.
- If you encounter issues accessing a session, just text back to the same number that sent your confirmation and reminder messages. Someone will be available to assist!
- After today’s event, we will be sending a follow-up email with contact information for each of the sessions’ presenters in case all of your questions weren't answered -- or maybe you have a new one.
- If you need additional follow-up from the Office of Admissions, visit and click the ‘Chat With Us’ button in the bottom right corner of each page (available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday) to connect with one of our admissions counselors.