Admitted Student Events
Congratulations on being admitted to Western Michigan University! As part of your next steps, we encourage you to register for an Admitted Student Event and learn more about becoming a Bronco. These virtual events for incoming first-year students will allow you to receive assistance completing your next steps, engage with WMU representatives and get your questions answered about joining the Bronco community. Next steps include signing your intent to enroll form, submitting your admissions deposit, registering for new student orientation and on-campus housing, and submitting your FAFSA. If you have any questions about completing your next steps, please reach out to your Admissions Representative or the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
admitted student event dates
Admitted Student Events have concluded for the season. We offer admitted student info sessions with Q+A Monday through Friday to answer any and all question you may have about becoming a Bronco. We invite you to connect with us during another virtual session. Sign up online today!
Please contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000 for more information about any of our virtual events.
Let us know that you plan to attend WMU by visiting the Gold Gateway to complete the Intent to Enroll form and submit your $100 Enrollment Deposit, or request a deposit waiver. This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition. Visit our Enrollment Deposit instruction website for more information. The enrollment deposit, or an approved waiver, must be submitted prior to registering for orientation.
The virtual Admitted Student Event is anticipated to last several hours. You will be able to create your schedule from a variety of sessions at the time you register, including:
- Academic Colleges, including Lee Honors College and Exploratory Advising
- Living on Campus
- New Student Orientation
- Student Panel
- Study Abroad, Career Services, Military and Veterans Affairs, WMU Signature and more!
How to attend a Virtual Event
Prior to the event, please download the Zoom app to your desktop or mobile device. You can check your event itinerary through the confirmation email you received. You will also receive a reminder text message 5-10 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Each event officially begins at 10 a.m. EDT, but you can log on at 9:30 a.m. to view some additional resources and an event welcome video.
- If you encounter issues accessing a session, just text back to the same number that sent your confirmation and reminder messages. Someone will be available to assist!
- After today’s event, we will be sending a follow-up email with contact information for each of the sessions’ presenters in case all of your questions weren't answered -- or maybe you have a new one.
- If you need additional follow-up from the Office of Admissions, visit and click the ‘Chat With Us’ button in the bottom right corner of each page (available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday) to connect with one of our admissions counselors.