Words can paint a picture. A picture is worth a thousand words. However, nothing compares to the real thing. Poets have described the Grand Canyon. Photographers have captured its magnitude. Artists have painted beautiful sunsets defining its grandeur. Regardless of all that work, nothing compares to standing on the precipice, overlooking one of nature’s wonders. The point of this, nothing compares to viewing something in person. With that in mind, the College of Aviation invites you to schedule a tour of the campus located at the W.K. Kellogg Airport in Battle Creek, Michigan.
Visiting campus provides the prospective student the opportunity to experience life at the College of Aviation. In addition to viewing the physical structures of the campus—classrooms, hangars, maintenance labs, etc.—prospective students will also have the opportunity to meet aviation faculty, aviation administrators, staff and other key-stakeholders at the College of Aviation. Not to be forgotten, the tour will also focus on the tools of the trade: airplanes. Prospective students will engage with the technology and equipment embedded into the curriculum.
What to expect
- Access the College of Aviation fleet, sit in the aircraft and see first-hand the complex nature of the training equipment.
- Be provided with a thorough program overview.
- Connect with College of Aviation personnel.
- Enter the High Altitude Lab and learn how College of Aviation students experience hypoxia.
- Experience the College of Aviation maintenance labs.
- Meet with an aviation ambassador.
- Tour the College of Aviation facilities.
- Visit the simulator bay and examine some of the most advanced flight training devices in collegiate aviation and much more!
The complete tour experience
Setting up your tour will be done through main campus. In addition to touring the College of Aviation, your tour will consist of a visit to the Kalamazoo campus. Aviation students will have courses on both campuses, therefore it is imperative to tour both. This will provide interested students with a well-rounded campus experience, helping them gain the necessary experience to make an informed decision.
The College of Aviation offers introductory flights for prospective students. This experience is a definitive way to solidify interest in an aviation career and helps to demonstrate the complexity and sophistication of the flight program at Western Michigan University. Introductory flights are offered for the discounted rate of $150. This rate is only good for prospective aviation students interested in attending Western Michigan University.