The 2021 Aviation Golf Outing
Monday, June 14, 2021
Join the College of Aviation, our alumni, industry partners and supporters for a fun filled day of golf, sun, laughs and fundraising. The outing is for all skill levels; so don't let your lack of golfing abilities deter you! In addition to the networking and fun, proceeds for the event will be used to increase the WMU College of Aviation Alumni and Friends Scholarship Fund.
Sign-up before May 21 and receive the early bird discount of $100 per golfer. After the deadline, registration will increase to $120 per golfer.
Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
Gull Lake View East and West
7417 North 38th Street
Augusta, MI 49012
Two courses – Two Options for Play
- Classic Golf – for the serious golfer! Using the skins format, each team will be competing for the grand prize. To enroll in this format, each team will need to pay the $40 skin on top of their entrance fee (no cheats allowed in this game). The winning team(s) will split their skins with the scholarship fund.
- Comical – for the rest of us! This format is for the infrequent or less-serious golfer. Basically, can you buy yourself a trophy! All of the cheats are in play on this course. Remember, the money raised helps to support the WMU College of Aviation Alumni and Friends Scholarship Fund.
Competition Prizes: these will occur on both courses
- Men’s Longest Drive
- Women’s Longest Drive
- Men’s Closest to the Pin
- Women’s Closest to the Pin
- Men’s Closest to the Line (available on the comical only)
- Women’s Closest to the Line (available on the comical only)
Raffle: There will be a variety of raffle packages available. You choose the prizes you are most interested in winning.
- 1 raffle ticket for $1
- 6 raffle tickets for $5
- 15 raffle tickets for $10
- 40 raffle tickets for $20
Beverages: Regular and adult beverages will be available for purchase throughout the event at the clubhouse and on the course.
Food: Food is available at the course for purchase. Registration includes coffee, juice in the morning, snacks in their swag bag, lunch during the outing, and dinner afterwards. Dinner will start approximately 3 p.m., with awards to follow.
COVID-19 Policy: As we all navigate this unprecedented period, WMU students, staff, faculty and leaders are committed to demonstrating the resilience, grit and hard work that are hallmarks of our Bronco way of life. Although WMU will not compromise on what makes our University unique, we must be flexible in responding to this novel coronavirus to ensure we are balancing educational excellence with health, safety and financial realities.
Masks are required in indoor spaces and outdoor spaces where social distancing is not possible. Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others while in public spaces.