10th Annual Aviation Golf Outing - Cancelled for 2020
With a heavy heart, the College of Aviation has made the decision to cancel this years golf outing. However, while we have moved away from 2020, we will be back bigger and better in 2021. Come back soon for more updates.
Hard to believe! The Aviation Golf Outing at WMU is celebrating its 10th birthday. Come celebrate with the College of Aviation, our alumni, industry partners and supporters for a fun filled day of golf, sun, laughs and fundraising. The outing is for all skill levels; so don't let your lack of golfing abilities deter you! In addition to the networking and fun, proceeds for the event will be used to increase the WMU College of Aviation Alumni and Friends Scholarship Fund.
Sign-up before SEPTEMBER 14 and receive the early bird discount of $90 per golfer. After the deadline, registration will increase to $120 per golfer.
Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9 a.m.
Gull Lake View East and West
7417 North 38th Street
Augusta, MI 49012
Two courses – Two Options for Play
- Classic Golf – for the serious golfer! Using the skins format, each team will be competing for the grand prize. To enroll in this format, each team will need to pay the $40 skin on top of their entrance fee (no cheats allowed in this game). The winning team(s) will split their skins with the scholarship fund.
- Comical – for the rest of us! This format is for the infrequent or less-serious golfer. Basically, can you buy yourself a trophy! All of the cheats are in play on this course. Remember, the money raised helps to support the WMU College of Aviation Alumni and Friends Scholarship Fund.
Competition Prizes: these will occur on both courses
- Men’s Longest Drive
- Women’s Longest Drive
- Men’s Closest to the Pin
- Women’s Closest to the Pin
- Men’s Closest to the Line (available on the comical only)
- Women’s Closest to the Line (available on the comical only)
Raffle: There will be a variety of raffle prizes available. You choose the prizes you are most interested in winning.
- 1 raffle ticket for $1
- 6 raffle tickets for $5
- 15 raffle tickets for $10
- 40 raffle tickets for $20
Beverages: Regular and adult beverages will be available for purchase throughout the event at the clubhouse and on the course.
Food: Food is available at the course for purchase. Registration includes coffee, juice in the morning, snacks in their swag bag, lunch during the outing, and dinner afterwards. Dinner will start approximately 3 p.m., with awards to follow.