The College of Aviation Advising Office at Western Michigan University serves undergraduate students with majors focusing on aviation flight science, aviation technical operations, and aviation management and operations. Academic advisors aid students in choosing courses that will fulfill major and general education requirements. All questions concerning courses or class schedules should be directed to the advising office. Students should visit an academic advisor each semester to ensure they are fulfilling requirements and making progress toward graduation.
APPLYING TO THE AVIATION FLIGHT PROGRAM FALL 2022
Due to high demand, students apply for Aviation Flight Science must apply for the Fall semester and complete their applications by the established deadline to be considered for admission into the program. Admission decisions for students applying to the flight science program will be released after each deadline has passed. Students seeking re-admission will be reviewed on a case by case bases. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
The aviation flight science application will consist of the following review process and procedures:
- A holistic review, using all sections of the application, including: academic transcript(s), extracurricular activities, honors and awards, essay, and any letters of recommendation.
- Students who are not offered admission to aviation flight science but who are admissible to WMU will be offered admission to university curriculum, our program for students who are still exploring majors. Please note: No major changes will be allowed into aviation flight science at a later date.
A completed application, fee or waiver, and all required transcript(s) must be received by the following dates:
- First-year application deadline: December 15, 2021. Admission decisions will be released mid-February 2022.
- Transfer application deadline: February 15, 2022. Admission decisions will be released mid-April 2022.
Information for International Students and English Proficiency
- Admission into the Aviation Flight Science program requires a higher English proficiency score than required for admission into the University. For the official policy and requirements, please click here.