The College of Aviation Advising Office at Western Michigan University serves undergraduate students with majors focusing on aviation flight science, aviation technical operations, and aviation management and operations. Academic advisors aid students in choosing courses that will fulfill major and general education requirements. All questions concerning courses or class schedules should be directed to the advising office. Students should visit an academic advisor each semester to ensure they are fulfilling requirements and making progress toward graduation.
The advising office is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. We are in the process of relocating to Battle Creek, so make sure to stop in and visit us in the fall for advising once we are settled into the new building. In alignment with courses being offered in mixed modalities for summer semesters, our services will be available via email, phone, and video.
Due to June orientation for incoming students, appointments will be limited
Please read carefully before setting up an appointment:
- If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org for the orientation link to schedule your appointment.
- Current flight science students, please email email@example.com with all advising questions.
- Current aviation management and tech ops majors or any flight science major wishing to change your major to aviation management or tech ops can set up an appointment using the scheduler below with limited availability.
- For prospective transfer and high school students, or current students inquiring about changing your major to flight science, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Email your advisor:
- Sharon Van Dyken, Director of Academic Advising (advises Aviation Management and Technical Operations).
- Bette Ludwig, Academic Advisor (advises Aviation Flight Science and those double majoring with Aviation Management and Flight Science).
If you are unsure of your academic advisor, you can access that information in your Degree Works.
For additional information, visit the academic advising manual.