Western Michigan University offers over 400 official registered student organizations, ten of which are aviation specific. While these organizations are open to all students at WMU, students studying aviation primarily populate them. These organizations allow students to begin the process of networking, provide an opportunity to socialize with others in their chosen field, participate in aviation-related events, such as seminars, career explorations, attending conferences and more!
If you would like to spread your wings outside of aviation, check out the other RSOs of Western Michigan University. Student organizations range from the sublime to the ridiculous, with offerings such as the Western Student Association to Zombies versus Humans. If you do not find an organization, students have the opportunity to create one. More information about RSOs.
- Aerospace Maintenance Competitive Team
- Air Line Pilots Association—ALPA—Ace Club
- Air Force ROTC
- Air Race Classic
- Alpha Eta Rho
- American Association of Airport Executives
- Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance
- Aviation Student Council
- National Gay Pilots Association—WMU
- Organization of Black Aerospace Professionals—WMU
- Skills USA
- Sky Broncos
- Women in Aviation—WMU