Western Michigan University's College of Aviation is committed to your success. WMU sees your student holistically, which means we provide resources that nourish career and intellectual pursuits, social life, and physical and mental health. The personal attention that students receive is what really sets WMU’s College of Aviation apart. Your student has the benefits, resources and connections of a larger university, with a highly personalized approach.
Bronco Study Zone
The Bronco Study Zone is a space for all Western Michigan University students. Located in 3374 Rood Hall, the Bronco Study Zone offers a comfortable learning environment where students can receive tutoring in many business and other university courses and collaborate on academic success.
- Academic advisors aid students in choosing courses that will fulfill major and general education requirements. All questions concerning courses or class schedules should be directed to the advising office.
- Our Student Progress Specialist, Ms. LaTonja Wilson, monitors training progression of students in applicable flight and ground courses and serves as the point of contact for students and their parents or guardians that have questions about flight course progress.
- Discover a variety of academic resources at the University Libraries including textbooks for students to check out. Contact our aviation librarian, Mr. Edward Eckel, to discuss aviation library resources, library services, web searching, secondary research, assignment help, and more.
- The Writing Center offers writing consultations to all students.
- Student Success Services connects all WMU students to resources that will help them excel.
- The Math Tutor Lab is available to assist students with a variety of mathematical subjects and assignments.
- The registrar's office publishes information about advising, withdrawing, course offerings, graduation, transcripts, tuition and fees, dean's list, calendars, veteran services and more.
Registered Student Organizations
Aviation RSOs offer the opportunity to be further involved within the aviation community. Learn about our aviation RSOs or view the complete list of university RSOs, which includes over 400 organizations that cover a variety of interest areas.
WMU Help Hub
Help Hub is a centralized space that merges resources from wmich.edu/elearning, wmich.edu/it, wmich.edu/helpdesk, and many other web pages. Help Hub makes finding the resources and information you need to succeed simple.
- The financial aid office publishes information about eligibility, awards, costs and other resources. Contact College of Aviation financial aid liaison Mr. Nicholas Prainito for aviation or flight fee specific questions.
- A number of scholarships are available for students enrolled at the College of Aviation. In addition to internal scholarships, students should further investigate aviation industry scholarship resources.
- The College of Aviation is committed to making career and internship opportunities known to students. Reference the Jobs and Internships Blog, or meet with Career and Student Employment Services for employment services, career fairs, career advising, campus employment, resume writing, cover letter assistance and job search strategies.
- Technology resources are available to assist aviation students with distance education, computer programs, IT problems, and more.
The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs provides guidance and mentorship for veterans, those still serving and their family members. While transitioning back into civilian and college life, they can help you with many of the challenges that you may face, including academic support, career services, counseling and disability services, GI benefits and in-state tuition, Student Veterans of America (SVA), transition assistance, and VetSuccess on Campus. Additionally, you can find information on Post 9/11 GI Bill Coverage of Flight Fees on the bottom of our flight science page.
- WMU has a number of resources to promote mental and physical health and wellness and create a culture of wellbeing and healthy lifestyle choices.
- The disability services for students office is available to assist students needing information and accommodations.
- The Office of LBGT Student Services offers support, education and advocacy around issues of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation to the WMU community.
Find a comprehensive list of WMU's student services here.