Founded in 1928, AAAE is the world's largest professional organization for airport executives, representing thousands of airport management personnel at public-use commercial and general aviation airports. AAAE's members represent nearly 875 airports and authorities, in addition to hundreds of companies and organizations that support airports. AAAE serves its membership through results-oriented representation in Washington, D.C. and delivers a wide range of industry services and professional development opportunities including training, meetings and conferences, and a highly respected accreditation program.
The WMU AAAE Chapter was created to provide career development, networking and educational opportunities for the next generation of airport professionals and to bridge the gap between current and future aviation leaders.
- Guidance: Mentorship opportunities to assist Young Professionals in learning more about the business of airport management by working with seasoned professionals
- Engagement: Networking events at AAAE national and chapter conferences
- Education: Webinars and seminars on topics specifically related to Young Professionals
- Friendships and Fun: Community building with your fellow chapter members
1. To promote professional development and instill professional attitudes in students
engaged in the study of airport development, administration, management and
operation or in related fields of aviation.
2. To develop understanding on the part of the student that professional airport
management embodies technical ability, integrity, responsibility, purpose and a desire
to contribute to the strengthening of the profession.
3. To further the purposes and programs of the AAAE as expressed in the Constitution
and Bylaws of the American Association of Airport Executives.