Thank you for your interest in contributing to Western Michigan University's Lewis Walker Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnic Relations.
Your donation is an investment toward the reality of the One Community.
- One Community is the foundational theme that guides the Walker Institute in its mission of education, applied research and service.
- One Community draws on the American ideal of equal opportunity for all, and that our prosperity and quality of life depend on this.
- One Community is intended to function simultaneously as:
- A community indicators system, highlighting indicators or well being by race, ethnicity and class.
- A program of community-engaged research and service
- A change strategy that engages persons of all backgrounds in a common conversation about: a) impediments to better outcomes for children, families and community; b) overcoming differences in understandings and values across racial, geographic and class lines; c) policies and practices to more effectively promote the One Community ideal.
TO CONTRIBUTE BY CHECK
Make checks payable to the WMU Foundation and write Walker Institute for Race/Ethnic Relations in the memo section.