In preparation for your graduation from the College of Arts and Sciences in Western Michigan University:
- Complete your pre-audit for graduation approximately one year prior to your anticipated graduation date or when you have completed 88 credit hours. During the pre-audit the advisor will identify the courses you need to complete to be eligible for graduation. It is easier to fix any problems at this level. If everything is in order, the advisor will ask you to submit an application to the Office of the Registrar for an official audit.
- Review the University graduation requirements for audit tips and the graduation requirements video. If you have any questions about your requirements, do not wait for the pre-audit; contact a College of Arts and Sciences advisor to seek clarification as soon as possible.
- Check your graduation progress using these sample audit sheets and video:
- Graduation requirements for the 1996-2004 catalogs
- Pick up signed major and minor slips from your departmental advisors. Questions related to your specific major or minor should be directed to your department advisors.
- Meet with your liberal education curriculum advisor to complete the pre-audit in the College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate advising office to process the pre-audit. Take the major-minor slips with you to this meeting. The advisor will review your liberal education curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Meet with a graduation auditor from the Office of the Registrar to examine your academic record and receive a list of things you need to complete before graduation.