As alumni, you are an integral part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University and we encourage your involvement in our programs and events.
Our alumni network represents a diverse, learner-centered range of careers and backgrounds in the humanities, sciences and social sciences. Driven toward excellence in all aspects of learning and discovery, they include teachers, researchers, administrators and many others who contribute to the world in immeasurable ways.
Given annually during the week of homecoming, the alumni awards recognize achievements in professional fields and service to respective departments. Honored for their passion for learning and discovery, they contribute to the betterment of our communities, from local to global.
- Richard Love (B.B.A.’61, Economics) establishes a request for an endowed scholarship to support students with financial need
- Emily Hawrysz (B.B.A. '09, Economics) lands job at the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- John Curran (B.A. '12, Political Science) is executive director of First Day Shoe Fund
- Ryan Findlay (B.A. '04, Political Science) is CEO of the American Soybean Association
- Jason Vanfosson (Ph.D. ’11, English) was chosen by Roadtrip Nation to document his doctoral journey as he traveled the country
- Andrew Bentley (Ph.D. ’13, Geosciences) presented his research on anthropogenic climate change at Colorado Science Day
What are you up to?
We would love to hear about what you have been up to since graduation. Share your story with us and you could possibly be featured on our website and/or in our annual magazine!
College of Arts and Sciences social media
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean's office with any questions.