As alumni, you are an integral part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University and we encourage your involvement in our programs and events.
Our alumni network represents a diverse, learner-centered range of careers and backgrounds in the humanities, sciences and social sciences. Driven toward excellence in all aspects of learning and discovery, they include teachers, researchers, administrators and many others who contribute to the world in immeasurable ways.
Given annually during the week of homecoming, the alumni awards recognize achievements in professional fields and service to respective departments. Honored for their passion for learning and discovery, they contribute to the betterment of our communities, from local to global.
WMU Arts and Sciences Magazine
We are enjoying another year of excitement and change at Western Michigan University! Our annual Arts and Sciences Magazine provides a glimpse of the remarkable work our students, staff and faculty do every day to support our mission of learning and discovery in the humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Annalisa Wilder is putting her passion into action by conducting potentially life-saving climate change research for the United Nations
- Ryan Taylor used satellite imagery and other technology to analyze the tree canopy in Denver, Colorado, where a project to plant one million trees in 20 years had been cut short
- J. Gabriel Ware says experiential learning opportunities during his time at WMU propelled him to career success at ABC News
- Driven to find solutions to the poverty she witnessed growing up in India, Dr. Dweepobotee Brahma is working with various ministries in the country through her position as an associate fellow at the Brookings Institution India Center
- From young political refugee to successful businessman, alumnus Samath Him Sprung overcame adversity to influence the education of thousands of students in Cambodia.
- Jeri Meola (M.A., psychology) inducted into Minnesota Women Business Owners Hall of Fame
- WMU alumna, Stephanie Hampton, named 2019 English teacher of the year
- Finding fortune: WMU alumni Roger Steininger unearths some of the world’s most significant gold and mineral discoveries
Read more alumni accomplishments and accolades in our 2020 Year in Review.
What are you up to?
We would love to hear about what you have been up to since graduation. Share your story with us and you could possibly be featured on our website and/or in our annual magazine!