As alumni, you are an integral part of the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University and we encourage your involvement in our programs and events.
Our alumni network represents a diverse, learner-centered range of careers and backgrounds in the humanities, sciences and social sciences. Driven toward excellence in all aspects of learning and discovery, they include teachers, researchers, administrators and many others who contribute to the world in immeasurable ways.
Given annually during the week of homecoming, the alumni awards recognize achievements in professional fields and service to respective departments. Honored for their passion for learning and discovery, they contribute to the betterment of our communities, from local to global.
WMU Arts and Sciences Magazine
We are enjoying another year of excitement and change at Western Michigan University! Our annual Arts and Sciences Magazine provides a glimpse of the remarkable work our students, staff and faculty do every day to support our mission of learning and discovery in the humanities, social sciences and sciences.
- Mark Schermerhorn, from Waldo Library to the Library of Congress
- Jeri Meola (M.A., psychology) inducted into Minnesota Women Business Owners Hall of Fame
- WMU alumna, Stephanie Hampton, named 2019 English teacher of the year
- Finding fortune: WMU alumni Roger Steininger unearths some of the world’s most significant gold and mineral discoveries
- WMU alumni, Jeremy Goldman, Neena Marion and Ann Feldmeier, create educational opportunities for Kalamazoo refugees
- Monica Orsolini (B.S.’85; M.A. ‘14) was recently nominated an Unsung Hero
- Sam Reese (B.A. '07) bringing craft beer to the U.P.
- The college recognized 22 honorees with the Alumni Achievement Award and three with the Pillar Award in October
Read more alumni accomplishments and accolades in our 2019 Year in Review.
What are you up to?
We would love to hear about what you have been up to since graduation. Share your story with us and you could possibly be featured on our website and/or in our annual magazine!
College of Arts and Sciences social media
Please do not hesitate to contact the College of Arts and Sciences dean's office with any questions.