Learn more about recent news in the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University.
Submit your news items online to the College of Arts and Sciences.
WMU and the College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences launches COVID-19 response grants webinar series
- WMU releases Safe Return Plan for fall 2020
- WMU professor bringing rent relief to international students stuck on campus
- Dr. Jessica Spybrook, professor in the Department of Educational Leadership Research and Technology, wins $1.3M NSF grant to improve STEM learning outcomes
- WMU researchers creating national database of religious response to COVID-19
- Dr. Carla Koretsky, dean of the college, receives Distinguished Woman in Higher Education Leadership Award by the Michigan ACE Network
- WMU now has rapid-result COVID-19 testing
- Dr. Fritz Allhoff, philosophy professor, "unmasks" the stigma surrounding face coverings
- College of Arts and Sciences adds new STEM, humanities programs
- WMU COVID-19 response grants awarded for innovative research related to pandemic
- Dr. Erika Friedl, the Edwin E. Meader professor emerita of anthropology, honored with Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for Iranian Studies
- Communication professor Mark Orbe’s Communicating about Taboo Topics course uses dialogue to break through barriers
- Dr. Linda Borish, history professor and chair at WMU, has been featured in the multimedia series, UNLADYLIKE2020
- Tiffany Schriever, professor of biological sciences, test waters in wetland projects to restart research at WMU
- Two biology graduate students are helping to reverse the sharp drop in the number of birds in southwest Michigan
- Freshwater studies graduaten RJ Bolzman is already making a splash in his field
- Biological sciences graduate student Adam Austin leads a wetlands research project at WMU
- WMU freshwater science and sustainability graduate Sierra Clark is awarded inaugural fellowship with the Mishigamiing Project
- Two alums in public administration help address racial disparity in COVID-19 outcomes
Sign up to receive our mailings
To receive the College of Arts and Sciences annual alumni magazine, update your contact information.