Learn more about recent news in the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University.
Submit your news items online to the College of Arts and Sciences.
WMU and the College of Arts and Sciences
- Dean Carla Koretsky celebrated faculty, student and staff accomplishments, and discussed the current state of the college in the 2020 State of the College Address
Impacts of COVID-19 and social isolation on mental health explored in WMU study
Politics played a role in pandemic shelter-in-place orders, WMU researchers find
Michigan Geological Survey receives state funding for continued science support
- College of Arts and Sciences launches COVID-19 response grants webinar series
- Dr. Autumn Edwards, School of Communication professor, has been named one of the "30 women in robotics you need to know about - 2020"
- WMU Medieval Institute faculty win NEH grant to host national summer institute
- Dr. Staci Perryman-Clark elected to a four-year leadership term with the Conference on College Composition & Communication
- Dr. Erika Friedl, the Edwin E. Meader professor emerita of anthropology, honored with Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for Iranian Studies
- Biomedical sciences student Mike Caliendo named a Wuerffel Trophy Nominee
- Two biology graduate students are helping to reverse the sharp drop in the number of birds in southwest Michigan
- Justin and Alexis Black created The Scholarship Expert and The ROSE Empowerment Group to support hundreds of young people
- Arts and Sciences announces the 2020 Alumni Achievement Award winners
- WMU alumna honored for efforts to curb human trafficking and end modern-day slavery
- One-on-one personal training studio for kids, teens, adults and seniors with ASD opened by WMU alumna
Sign up to receive our mailings
To receive the College of Arts and Sciences annual alumni magazine, update your contact information.