The largest and most diverse college at Western Michigan University, the College of Arts and Sciences is deeply committed to developing its international culture. The number and quality of college members dedicated to international education mark the college as a University leader with respect to preparing students and faculty to better work and live in a global context.
Whether it’s a dynamic discussion about Latin American economies in a traditional classroom, or a physics experiment in a Japanese laboratory, college activities nourish creativity and deepen intellectual understanding through strategic and sensitive outreach, and responsiveness to potential global collaborators.
With a thriving body of students and faculty who are already globally connected, the college aims to challenge and support its individual constituents as they broaden and deepen their own global engagement and enhance the international character of the college.
We invite you to explore the richness the college offers, sometimes in partnership with the Haenicke Institute for Global Education, with respect to international education, research and outreach.
Global Expertise Database
The Global Expertise Database connects faculty, staff, students and the community to the rich global knowledge of thousands of faculty members and professional staff at WMU.
- Why is global learning important? (Global Learning Outcomes)
- Global Engagement Programs in the Haenicke Institute for Global Education
- Global and international studies program in the College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Advising
- The Office of Study Abroad (also check your department website)
- Dean’s International Study Scholarship for students in the College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences events
- Haenicke Institute for Global Education events
- Global Engagement events
- Sign up for the WMU International Update—weekly email event reminders
- Faculty Achievement Award in Global Engagement in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty resources in Global Engagement
- College of Arts and Sciences International Committee - This committee helps to identify the priorities and values that guide the international education goals in the college. In their shared commitment to international scholarship and teaching, these faculty members bring a diverse breadth of knowledge and experience to the table. If you have ideas or concerns related to international education in the college, please contact one of our members.