The College of Arts and Sciences advising office at Western Michigan University facilitates student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.
Updated: March 27, 2020
WMU remains open and the College of Arts and Sciences Advising is here to support your advising needs.
By now, you have received multiple communications from President Montgomery and our Provost, Dr. Jennifer Bott, regarding the university’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak. College of Arts and Sciences Advising is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In alignment with courses being offered through distance education for the remainder of the semester, academic advising services will be offered from a distance as our staff works remotely during this time. You will be able to receive advising at a distance via email, phone, and video.
To connect with your advisor, you may schedule an appointment or call our office at (269) 387-4366. Phone calls will be attended to in the order received. Information below can help you decided what type of advising appointment you need (i.e., general vs major advising).send us your questions or contact an advisor. Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Thank you for your patience and be well!
Appointments are available Monday through Friday for Arts and Sciences majors. Schedule an appointment below for General Education advising. If your major is listed below, please use that link for ALL advising questions.
Schedule an appointment below for advising specific to your major.
- African American and African Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Comparative Religion
- Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- Freshwater Science and Sustainability
- Sustainable Brewing
- If your major is listed above, use the corresponding link to connect with your advisor.
- If this is your FIRST semester at WMU and you have taken college classes AFTER graduating high school, choose "NEW Transfer to WMU."
- If you are an athlete needing NCAA verification and advising, choose "General Education Advising."
- If you are in ROTC and need your 104-R form completed, choose "General Education Advising."
- If you have completed at least 88 credits, choose "Graduation Application."
- If you are on probation and need to meet with an advisor, choose "Probation Advising."
- If you have not applied or been accepted to WMU, choose "Prospective Student (not yet admitted)."
- If you were dismissed from WMU and have been readmitted, choose "Readmission After Academic Dismissal" after reviewing the Readmission process information.
- If you have a bachelor's degree and need approval for a second bachelor's degree, choose "Second Bachelor's Degree Approval."
- If you are considering withdrawing from one or more courses, choose "General Education Advising" and elaborate in the notes section of your appointment.
General office hours
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2318 Friedmann Hall
Using GPS to locate our office? Use the address below for the most accurate directions to Friedmann Hall:
1150 Arcadia Loop
Kalamazoo, MI 49006 USA
- Applying for graduation
- Career paths
- Departments in the college
- General education and liberal education requirements
- Proficiencies for Arts and Sciences students
- Student complaint form
- Student Success Services
- Study abroad