Undergraduate Advising

The College of Arts and Sciences advising office at Western Michigan University facilitates student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.

Advising continues

Updated: August 31, 2020

The advising office is open for remote advising appointments Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. In alignment with courses being offered in mixed modalities for fall semester, our services will be available via email, phone and video. To connect with your advisor, you may schedule your appointment online below or call our office at (269) 387-4366 if you need immediate assistance. Phone calls will be attended to in the order received.

Information below can help you decide what type of advising appointment you need (i.e. general vs. major advising).

For prospective transfer, high school students and parents, please fill out this web form to email us with your questions.

Your success is our top priority and we will do our best to serve your needs. Be Smart. Be Safe. Be Broncos.

Advising appointments

New domestic and international student advising

If you are a new student (freshman or transfer, domestic or international), please contact the Office of Student Transitions. Advising takes place as part of the required Orientation process. With questions, please call (269) 387-4247.

Current student major-specific advising

Schedule an appointment below if your major is listed:

All advising appointments take place virtually through Microsoft Teams or Webex!
Check your confirmation email for the link to the meeting.

Other majors

Schedule an appointment below if your major department is not listed above:

All other majors

Contact an advisor

To contact an advisor with specific questions, please click below:

Email an advisor

What kind of appointment do I need?

  • If your major is listed above, use the corresponding link to connect with your advisor.
  • If this is your FIRST semester at WMU and you have taken college classes AFTER graduating high school, choose "NEW Transfer to WMU."
  • If you are an athlete needing NCAA verification and advising, choose "General Education Advising."
  • If you are in ROTC and need your 104-R form completed, choose "General Education Advising."
  • If you have completed at least 88 credits, choose "Graduation Application."
  • If you are on probation and need to meet with an advisor, choose "Probation Advising."
  • If you have not applied or been accepted to WMU, choose "Prospective Student (not yet admitted)."
  • If you were dismissed from WMU and have been readmitted, choose "Readmission After Academic Dismissal" after reviewing the Readmission process information.
  • If you have a bachelor's degree and need approval for a second bachelor's degree, choose "Second Bachelor's Degree Approval."
  • If you are considering withdrawing from one or more courses, choose "General Education Advising" and elaborate in the notes section of your appointment.

General office hours

Note: Please see the note at the top of this page to learn how our advising hours and procedures have changed.

Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

2318 Friedmann Hall (remote advising ONLY at this time)
(269) 387-4366

GPS location

Using GPS to locate our office? Use the address below for the most accurate directions to Friedmann Hall:

1150 Arcadia Loop
Kalamazoo MI 49006 USA


Transfer students

WMU course registration