The College of Arts and Sciences advising office at Western Michigan University facilitates student success by creating an on-going partnership between students and advisors. Advisors provide knowledge regarding degree requirements, WMU resources and the value of a liberal arts education.
The last day to apply to graduate in spring 2019 is Saturday, December 1.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday for Arts and Sciences majors. Click below to schedule an appointment for General Education advising. If you need to see an advisor ASAP, please call our office to see if we have any "same day" appointments available. Same day appointment slots are filled first-come, first-served so call as early as possible for the best chance to be seen by an advisor.
Need further assistance?
What kind of appointment do I need?
- If you are a communication, biology or chemistry major, use the corresponding link above to connect with your advisor.
- If this is your FIRST semester at WMU and you have taken college classes AFTER graduating high school, choose "NEW Transfer to WMU".
- If you are an athlete needing NCAA verification and advising, choose "General Education Advising".
- If you are in ROTC and need your 104-R form completed, choose "General Education Advising".
- If you have completed at least 88 credits, choose "Graduation Application."
- If you are on probation and need to meet with an advisor, choose "Probation Advising."
- If you have not applied or been accepted to WMU, choose "Prospective Student (not yet admitted)."
- If you were dismissed from WMU and have been readmitted, choose "Readmission After Academic Dismissal" after reviewing the Readmission process information.
- If you have a bachelor's degree and need approval for a second bachelor's degree, choose "Second Bachelor's Degree Approval."
- If you are considering withdrawing from one or more courses, choose "General Education Advising" and elaborate in the notes section of your appointment.
General office hours
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2318 Friedmann Hall
Using GPS to locate our office? Use the address below for the most accurate directions to Friedmann Hall:
1150 Arcadia Loop
Kalamazoo, MI 49006 USA
- Applying for graduation
- Career paths
- Departments in the college
- General education and liberal education requirements
- Student Success Services
- Study abroad