The Women's Caucus promotes an academic culture of inclusiveness at Western Michigan University in research, teaching, service and administrative work by:
- Focusing on issues involved in the recruitment and retention of women.
- Recognizing and encouraging the endeavors of women.
- Discussing special challenges that women face in the tenure and promotion process.
- Supporting the transition of qualified faculty members into administrative positions.
- Raising gender awareness among administrators, faculty members and students across campus.
Gender Scholar Award
To further support and encourage these efforts, the Women's Caucus offers an annual Gender Scholar Award for College of Arts and Sciences faculty who demonstrate excellence in gender-related research and scholarly activities.
Dr. Christina Wolbrecht, Notre Dame University
12:30 p.m.; location TBA.
Women's Caucus lunch
"Women Also Know Stuff: Supporting and Promoting Women in the Academy." After a brief presentation on women in academia, Dr. Wolbrecht will lead a discussion of how women can advance their academic careers.
3 p.m.; location TBA.
Women's Caucus and IGP sponsored talk, "Women in Politics After 2016." Dr. Wolbrecht looks at the gender gap in the 2016 election, women's activism and women running for office since 2016.