The College of Arts and Sciences represents the academic heart and liberal arts core of Western Michigan University and provides a broad range of academic programs for students. As the largest college at WMU, we:
- Employ more than 300 full-time faculty members; an 11:1 faculty student ratio.
- Enroll more than 3,600 undergraduate majors and more than 1,000 graduate students.
- Offer 21 master's programs and 14 doctoral programs.
- Oversee 25 departments and interdisciplinary programs.
- Provide the foundation for the general education curriculum at WMU.
- Teach approximately half of all student credit hours at all WMU campuses.
Faculty of the college rank among the finest scholars and researchers at WMU, are among the best teachers and scholars anywhere in the nation.
Student learning and success is our top priority. Our students are high achievers and have been recipients of the very competitive and distinguished Goldwater Fellowships and Fulbright awards.
State of the college
Dean Carla Koretsky celebrated faculty, student and staff accomplishments, and discussed the current state of the college in the 2019 State of the College Address.
We would like to hear from you! Send us an email, give us a call and be sure to visit.