- Academic advising is available to ensure students are making solid progress toward graduation. Advisors in each academic college assist students in meeting all curricular requirements by choosing required courses and electives.
- The Academic Resource Center provides students with academic support to promote success in their coursework at WMU. Services are provided at no cost to students and include content tutoring, supplemental instruction, college success seminars and effective reading seminars.
- Exploratory advising is the temporary advising home for freshmen and sophomores who have not yet selected a major. Advisors help students explore academic programs and careers to help them to declare their majors by sophomore year.
- Faculty office hours are provided by each faculty member teaching a course at WMU. During these times, professors are available to meet with students one-on-one to answer questions and discuss course information.
- The Registrar’s Office is available to help students succeed, from registering for classes to requesting transcripts and preparing for graduation. Visit the Registrar’s website to view the academic calendar, the course registration schedule, or to request transcripts.
- The Writing Center provides free writing assistance for undergraduate and graduate students. Students who want to improve their writing can do so through one-to-one writing instruction offered, most often, on an appointment basis.
- Waldo Library holds nearly five million articles for student use. Four floors of resources are available for students including group study rooms, a rare books room, and a map room. Interlibrary loan and online databases also are available to students free of charge.
WELCOME TRANSFER STUDENTS
We're delighted that you have decided to complete your degree at Western Michigan University. The more you explore WMU, the more you'll realize what makes us the perfect place to set your future in motion!
Applications and all materials must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fall: Classes begin in late August. Applications must be submitted by August 15.†
- Spring: Classes begin the first week of January. Applications must be submitted by January 1.
- Summer I: Classes begin the first week of May. Applications must be submitted by May 1.
- Summer II: Classes begin in late June. Applications must be submitted by June 15.
†Transfer students interested in applying to Aviation Flight Science should apply by February 15 for the fall semester. Learn more.
Transfer to WMU
- Apply online.
- Request official transcripts be sent to WMU Admissions electronically or via mail.
Western Michigan University
Office of Admissions
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5211 USA
- Review required materials which may be needed to have a completed application file.
Transfer housing options are available to help students find a home at WMU. Students can take advantage of various living arrangements, including community, suite and apartment-style rooms. The City of Kalamazoo also offers a variety of off-campus housing options for students to choose from.
Dining on campus
Dining Services offers many dining options designed to provide healthy food choices for the WMU community. Locations feature locally-grown produce and can accommodate dietary restrictions. Whether you're looking for a dine-in experience, Grab'n Go or late night options, on-campus dining halls and campus cafes offer fresh and flavorful choices.
Western Michigan University believes in providing resources to support all of our students. It is vital that students have access to any assistance they may need or want to allow for academic success and the best possible Bronco experience.
Kalamazoo offers big city benefits with a small town feel. Newcomers quickly notice the friendliness and easy-going attitude our residents share. WMU is located only five minutes from bus and train access to and from Kalamazoo.
WMU students enjoy the convenience of riding Kalamazoo city buses for free with their Bronco ID cards to nearby shopping, dining and entertainment. Learn more about Kalamazoo, nearby lake shores, hiking trails, skiing venues, and much more.