Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to Western Michigan University and becoming a Bronco!
Note: Students interested in Aviation Flight Science will need to apply for fall 2022 entry. Transfer students should complete an application by February 15, 2022. For more information, please visit the program page or contact Tom Thinnes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRANSFER student APPLICANTS
Applications and all materials must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fall- Classes begin in late August. Applications must be submitted by August 15.†
- Spring- Classes begin the first week of January. Applications must be submitted by January 1.
- Summer I- Classes begin the first week of May. Applications must be submitted by May 1.
- Summer II- Classes begin in late June. Applications must be submitted by June 15.
College transcripts must be received within 90 days of the print date on the transcript to be considered official. Transcripts can be sent from the issuing institution to WMU in many ways.
- Electronic- Transcripts can be submitted electronically by the issuing institution through a credentialing service such as Parchment, Naviance, or National Clearinghouse. Transcripts can also be emailed by the issuing institution to email@example.com.
- Mail- Transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
- Hand-delivered- Transcripts in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution can be dropped off with an admissions staff member in the Seibert Administration Building.
Official Test Scores
Western Michigan University has adopted a test-optional policy. This applies to both admission and Office of Admissions scholarship consideration. If you wish for test scores to be used in the admission process, be sure to report/submit scores from all test dates. Western Michigan University Office of Admissions can accept test scores in a number of ways.
- Scores can be sent directly from ACT or College Board. Western Michigan University's codes are 2066 for ACT and 1902 for SAT.
- Scores can be printed directly on your high school transcript.
- Score reports generated by a testing entity can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered. Follow the instructions laid out in the transcript section above for more information.
Accessing your Application
If you are curious if materials you sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions have been received, you can access this information in two ways, depending upon how you applied:
- If you applied through the WMU Gold Gateway, you can log in with your username and password to view whether or not your materials have been received by WMU.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
†Transfer students interested in applying to Aviation Flight Science for fall 2022 should apply by February 15, 2022. Aviation Flight Science is fall entry only.