Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to Western Michigan University and becoming a Bronco!
Note: The Aviation Flight Science application pool for first-year, transfer and international students for 2021 is full. For more information, please contact Tom Thinnes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRANSFER student APPLICANTS
Applications and all materials must be received by the Office of Admissions by the following deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fall- Classes begin in late August. Applications must be submitted by August 15.
- Spring- Classes begin the first week of January. Applications must be submitted by January 1.
- Summer I- Classes begin the first week of May. Applications must be submitted by May 1.
- Summer II- Classes begin in late June. Applications must be submitted by June 15.
College transcripts must be received within 90 days of the print date on the transcript to be considered official. Transcripts can be sent from the issuing institution to WMU in many ways.
- Electronic- Transcripts can be submitted electronically by the issuing institution through a credentialing service such as Parchment, Naviance, or National Clearninghouse. Transcripts can also be emailed by the issuing institution to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail- Transcripts can be mailed to Office of Admissions, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
- Hand-delivered- Transcripts in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution can be dropped off with an admissions staff member in the Seibert Administration Building.
Official Test Scores
Western Michigan University Office of Admissions can accept test scores in a number of ways.
- Scores can be sent directly from ACT or College Board. Western Michigan University's codes are 2066 for ACT and 1902 for SAT.
- Scores can be printed directly on your high school transcript.
- Score reports generated by a testing entity can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered. Follow the instructions laid out in the transcript section above for more information.
Note that Western Michigan University has adopted a test-optional policy for students applying for 2021 entry terms. This applies to both admission and Office of Admissions scholarship consideration. View details about the Testing Policy.
Accessing your Application
If you are curious if materials you sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions have been received, you can access this information in two ways, depending upon how you applied:
- If you applied through the WMU Gold Gateway, you can log in with your username and password to view whether or not your materials have been received by WMU.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.