What makes Western Michigan different?
At Western, we’re redefining success as we expand what it means to be smart in an ever-changing world. Beyond preparing you for your career, perhaps the most special thing about Western is our approach to helping you find a deeper meaning and a better way of thinking. We believe a great education is about more than getting an A on an assignment.
It’s about also having purpose and creating a life well lived. It’s about knowing that failure is success in progress. It’s about preparing you for a meaningful life by helping you to pursue your purpose, thrive and prosper while making a meaningful impact on society.
applying as a TRANSFER STUDENT
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR TRANSFER studentS
Official Test Scores
Western Michigan University has adopted a test-optional policy. This applies to both admission and Office of Admissions scholarship consideration. If you wish for test scores to be used in the admission process, be sure to report/submit scores from all test dates. Western Michigan University Office of Admissions can accept test scores in a number of ways.
- Scores can be sent directly from ACT or College Board. Western Michigan University's codes are 2066 for ACT and 1902 for SAT.
- Scores can be printed directly on your high school transcript.
- Score reports generated by a testing entity can be mailed, emailed, faxed, or hand-delivered. Follow the instructions laid out in the transcript section above for more information.
Accessing your Application
If you are curious if the materials you sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions have been received, you can access this information in two ways, depending on how you applied:
- If you applied through the WMU Gold Gateway, you can log in with your username and password to view whether or not your materials have been received by WMU.
- If you need assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at (269) 387-2000.
†Transfer students interested in applying to Aviation Flight Science for fall 2023 should apply by February 15, 2023. Aviation Flight Science is fall entry only. View more details on the Competitive Admission Program page.