ADMITTED tranSfer STUDENT CHECKLIST
1. Set your Bronco NetID password and log in to GoWMU
You should have received a Bronco NetID and instructions to create a password via email from the Office of Information Technology. Your Bronco NetID is different from your WIN (Western Identification Number). Visit Change Password to set you set your Bronco NetID password. If you do not have your Bronco NetID and temporary password, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to GoWMU to verify your new password.
- Be sure to check your WMU email regularly, as important University business -- such as your financial aid offer details -- will be sent there.
2. Let us know you're coming.
- Let us know that you plan to attend WMU by confirming your admission in the Gold Gateway, including paying your $100 enrollment deposit, or request a deposit waiver. This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition.
3. Begin orientation process (including an advising appointment).
Once you have completed the admission confirmation process (Step 2 above), you should register for new student orientation. All incoming domestic undergraduate students starting summer I, summer II or fall 2021 are required to participate in orientation. The delivery of orientation information will come to you in a number of ways, but your first steps include:
- Log into the Student Orientation Hub using your Bronco NetID and Password to complete your pre-advising surveys, including:
- Pre-advising survey
- ALEKS math placement (especially important for engineering, aviation and science students)
- Foundations in Writing
- Contact your academic college to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to register for classes. View advising office contacts online.
For further details and registration links, visit the Orientation website.
4. Update your FAFSA and apply for scholarships.
- Update or complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1 (and by March 1). If you have already submitted your FAFSA, it may not be reflected on your Gold Gateway checklist until January.
- Print the WMU Student Financial Aid Application Checklist for your reference.
- Admitted students are encouraged to review and apply for additional scholarships using WMU's scholarship-matching tool, ScholarshipUniverse, which students can log in to using their Bronco NetID and password. ScholarshipUniverse houses both institutional and external scholarships.
- Review criteria and apply for transfer admissions scholarships.
- Tuition and Fees are typically due on the first day of the semester or session. Information on Tuition and Fees can be found on the Registrar's Office page.
5. Register for housing.
- Register for on-campus housing after you have explored our options for residence halls, apartments, and transfer learning communities.
7. Send your final transcripts.
- Submit a final transcript from your college upon completion of your most recent course work to WMU Admissions at email@example.com. This is an important step as it can affect your ability to register for future terms and may also affect your financial aid and housing status. If you decide to enroll at WMU and chose to submit self-report scores, you must provide official test scores prior to new student orientation. See testing policy for details and review the ways to submit your scores.
If you wish to cancel your admission, complete the cancellation form. The $100 enrollment deposit for fall semester will be refunded if the cancellation is received prior to the following dates:
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer I - April 1
Summer II - June 1