ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST
- Check your personal email for your official credit evaluation. You can also view your credit evaluation online in your WMU portal.
- Log in to GoWMU with your BroncoNet ID and temporary password.
Create your own password to access your student account and WMU email.
- Visit campus if you have not yet toured WMU.
Make an advising appointment and register for classes.
- Make an advising appointment with your academic college to learn which classes you should register for on your registration date. Students must meet with an advisor prior to registration.
- Register for your classes in GoWMU. Registration for the fall semester begins in mid-March and in mid-October for the spring semester. Tuition is not due at the time of registration.
Update your FAFSA and apply for scholarships.
- Update or complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1.
- Print the WMU Student Financial Aid Application Checklist for your reference.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Tuition is due May 7 (summer I 2018), and June 28 (summer II 2018), August 22 (fall 2018), and January 2 (spring 2019). A semester invoice will be mailed to registered students one month prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Jump start your college planning with the Plan It 4-Ward worksheet. Use this to start filling in your academic plan, career plan, financial plan and engagement plan.
Let us know you're coming.
- Submit your $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit (preferably before May 1). This fee confirms your fall enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition.
If you wish to cancel your admission, complete the cancellation form. The $100 enrollment deposit for fall semester will be refunded if the cancellation is received prior to the following dates:
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer I - April 1
Summer II - June 1
Register for housing.
- Register for on-campus housing after you have explored our options for residence halls, apartments and transfer learning communities.
Sign up for orientation.
- Register for our Transfer Transition Program (fall students) or Spring Orientation (spring students).
- Complete our online orientation modules in GoWMU prior to beginning classes.
Send your final transcripts.
- Submit a final transcript from your college upon completion of your most recent course work to WMU Admissions at email@example.com. This is an important step as it can affect your ability to register for future terms and may also affect your financial aid and housing status.
Get your parking permit and Bronco Card.
Visit Parking Services to obtain a WMU parking permit.
Visit the WMU Card Center during Transfer Transition Program to get your picture taken and receive your Bronco Card.