ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST
Set your Bronco NetID password and log in to GoWMU
- You should have received a Bronco NetID and a temporary password via email from the Office of Information Technology. Your Bronco NetID is different from your WIN (Western Identification Number). Visit Change Password to set you set your Bronco NetID password. If you do not have your Bronco NetID and temporary password, please contact the Technology Help Desk at (269) 387-HELP or email email@example.com.
- Log in to GoWMU to verify your new password.
Make an advising appointment and register for classes.
- Make an advising appointment with your academic college to learn which classes you should register for on your registration date. Students must meet with an advisor prior to registration.
- Register for your classes in GoWMU. Registration for the fall semester begins in mid-March and in mid-October for the spring semester. Tuition is not due at the time of registration.
Update your FAFSA and apply for scholarships.
- Update or complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after October 1.
- Print the WMU Student Financial Aid Application Checklist for your reference.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Tuition and Fees are typically due on the first day of the semester or session. Information on Tuition and Fees can be found on the Registrar's Office page.
- Jump start your college planning with the Plan It 4-Ward worksheet. Use this to start filling in your academic plan, career plan, financial plan and engagement plan.
Let us know you're coming.
- Submit your $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit (preferably before May 1). This fee confirms your fall enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition.
If you wish to cancel your admission, complete the cancellation form. The $100 enrollment deposit for fall semester will be refunded if the cancellation is received prior to the following dates:
Fall - August 1
Spring - December 1
Summer I - April 1
Summer II - June 1
Register for housing.
- Register for on-campus housing after you have explored our options for residence halls, apartments and transfer learning communities.
Sign up for orientation.
- Register for our Transfer and Contemporary Learner Orientation (fall students) or Spring Orientation (spring students).
- Complete our online orientation modules in GoWMU prior to beginning classes.
Send your final transcripts.
- Submit a final transcript from your college upon completion of your most recent course work to WMU Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an important step as it can affect your ability to register for future terms and may also affect your financial aid and housing status.