We are sorry to learn that you have decided not to attend WMU. We keep applications on file for two years, so if you decide to return to WMU within that time frame you will only need to update your application materials and no application fee will be required. Please follow the steps below to cancel your WMU admission, residence hall, and orientation session, if applicable.
- If you will not be attending WMU and wish to cancel your admission please complete and submit the form below.
- Students wishing to cancel their housing contracts must submit a cancellation request. To do so, log into GoWMU and choose the "Residence Life Housing" link under the My Self Service section on the left. Your request will be reviewed, and you will receive an email reply regarding your contract status. A cancellation fee may apply depending on when you cancel your contract and whether or not you are still attending Western Michigan University.
- If you are canceling after June 1 for the fall semester, please consult your residence hall contract for information on any penalties that may apply. For more information, see Canceling a Contract.
- If you registered for an orientation session, review the cancellation policy.
- If you have already registered for the semester, please log-in to your GoWMU account in order to drop the classes.
To cancel your admission, complete all information below and submit the form.
The WMU family wishes you all the best in your academic pursuits.