New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation: Getting Started
Once you have been admitted to Western Michigan University, your next step is to work through the orientation path. First, you will confirm your admission, pay your enrollment deposit, and complete a pre-advising survey in Gold Gateway. After that, the Student Orientation Hub (SOH) houses all the information, links, documents, and modules you need to ensure a smooth transition into university life. Located on the SOH homepage is a journey map to help you navigate the path and keep track of your progress. Our entire campus community is here to help you thrive and to make your orientation process as informative and simple as possible. If you encounter any technical issues or have questions, please email email@example.com for assistance.
What happens during orientation?
Download the Orientation Process Map
Frequently Asked Questions
- Each student’s journey is unique- we know it, now you do too- don’t stress about it!
- Not all tasks in checklists apply to all students. If one is not applicable to you, simply move on to the next.
- Scheduling your classes occurs with your academic advisor during the 1:1 session- be on the lookout for an email directly from them!
- Take advantage of all opportunities to meet people and get involved- even virtually- during the Orientation process. Familiar faces on day one, in class or at lunch make campus life much more fun!
- We are here to help- no question is dumb or concern unimportant. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (269) 387-2167.