The Campus Navigator is live and ready to serve as your guide to Orientation and University resources.
New Student Orientation 2019
If you missed New Student Orientation, but still plan to enroll for the fall 2019 semester, you can attend our Final Freshman Orientation session. Our Final Freshman Orientation session is built into the Fall Welcome Program, and you attend after you arrive for the fall semester. View the Final Freshman Orientation Schedule.
- ANY NEW TRANSFER STUDENT AND ALL CONTEMPORARY (ADULT LEARNER) STUDENTS (New Beginners 22+) - refer to wmich.edu/transitions/transfer
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - refer to wmich.edu/international/
- All 2019 high school graduates are required to attend Orientation before they can attend classes in the fall
- Early Middle College graduates are required to attend Orientation, the year they plan to begin at Western.
- Students that have been out of high school for more than 2 years are not required to attend, but are welcome.
Students that are not enrolling on main campus (i.e. students enrolling fully online or at one of our regional campuses) are not required to attend New Student Orientation.
Congratulations on your decision to attend Western Michigan University. You will soon join the many proud Broncos that are part of the WMU family. Your college years are a time of learning, exploration and self-discovery and there are many opportunities waiting for you. Your WMU journey begins with summer orientation. You will make great connections with faculty and staff as well as other new students, many of whom could become your friends for life. You will leave orientation with a lot of Bronco pride and the excitement of returning in August to begin your collegiate journey.