Coming soon for 2024!
Summer/Fall 24 Info
Summer 2024 orientation registration will open in early February 2024.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation
Congratulations on your admission to WMU! Your academic journey begins with New Student Orientation. Orientation is required for all incoming students (transfer, beginner and early middle college) starting either summer session or fall semester in 2024. Orientation is the most efficient and effective way to become more comfortable with your transition from high school or transferring from another institution. All orientation sessions will be held in-person on the main campus of WMU. Students only need to attend one orientation program.
During orientation, you will learn more about the many programs and services available to you at WMU, including social engagement opportunities, making connections with other students, touring campus and meeting with your new advisor to select your courses.
You can take care of other University business during orientation, including:
- Picking up your WMU student ID card
- Meeting with a financial aid representative
- Visiting the WMU Bookstore
- Opening a bank account with PNC
Guests and Families
Students are welcome to bring two guests to orientation. If participating in the overnight program, students will spend the night in one of our residence halls; however, guests will be responsible for their own accommodations.
Non-undergrad Student info
View the material that was presented during Orientation 2023.
Bronco Express and Accounts Receivable
A representative from Bronco Express will explain the financial aid process, discuss financing options, talk about the billing and payment process, and answer your questions.
Housing and WMU Dining Services
Learn about what to expect this fall with your housing experience and move-in, as well as details about dining and on and off-campus meal plans.
Lee Honors College
Learn about the Lee Honors College requirements, read some statements from current students, learn about upcoming events and meet the staff.
Student Success Services
WMU is committed to providing academic support programs that connect students to resources they may need to achieve their academic and personal goals. Attend this session to learn more.
Career and Student Employment Services / WMU Signature
Learn about full-time, part-time and internship opportunities on and off campus. This session explains WMU's web-based employment service, Handshake – and the resources for career planning that are available throughout the academic year. You will also Learn about this student engagement program for students to reflect on their out-of-class learning experiences, to explore and identify a passion that will be reflected on their WMU diploma.
Health Promotion and Education
Learn about well-being education, student leadership opportunities, and resources available through the HPE Office. Topics include mental health, violence prevention, sexual health, substance use, and more.
Family Strategies for Supporting Student Success
Discuss how you can engage with and support your student as they settle into life at WMU.
Your Next Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
- Each student's journey is unique- we know it, now you do too- don't stress about it!
- Not all tasks in the checklist apply to all students. If one is not applicable to you, simply move on to the next; it will remain the same color.
- Scheduling your classes occurs with your academic advisor when you attend in-person Orientation. Transfer, and Early Middle College Students – it is possible that your advising session may occur virtually, before your in-person Orientation session. Advising is also available in the afternoon on the day of a schedule session.
- Take advantage of all opportunities to meet people and get involved during the Orientation process. Familiar faces on day one, in class or at lunch make campus life much more fun!
- We are here to help - no question or concern is unimportant. Email us at email@example.com or call our office at (269) 387-2167.