Congratulations on your admission to Western Michigan University and welcome to the Bronco Family! One of your first steps is to let us know whether or not you plan to attend. View the full list of next steps.
Confirming your admission, including the payment of your enrollment deposit, lets us know that you plan to enroll at Western Michigan University. This deposit is required of all first-time freshmen and encouraged for transfer students. The $100 deposit is credited toward your first semester’s tuition and is payable online with a credit card or via electronic check. The admission deposit is waived for Pell Grant-eligible students (fafsa.gov).
Yes, I will be attending
Enrollment deposits are accepted for 2022 semesters through the Gold Gateway.
How to pay deposit
To help make the confirmation process more seamless, you will now be able to confirm your admission completely within your Gold Gateway account. However if you find yourself in GoWMU, you can still pay your enrollment deposit via that platform. Please review the following screen shots and directions on how to complete the confirmation process within Gold Gateway.
- Login to your Gold Gateway account.
- Navigate to the “My Dashboard” tab and click “View Your Decision” found under your application.
- Your admission decision letter will appear. Click the “Reply to Offer” box in the lower right corner of the screen.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click “Accept Offer.”
- Select if you would like to pay the $100 enrollment deposit online or via mail then click “Confirm.” Online payments may be made via credit/debit card. Visa , Mastercard, and Discover are accepted. Payments submitted online will update your confirmation status and Gold Gateway checklist as soon as the transaction is processed. Mailed deposits will be processes by WMU within two business days of receipt. Please allow 2 – 3 weeks to process depending on mail transit times. Pell-eligible students will not have to complete this step and will see a deposit amount of $0.00.
- Once you indicate you wish to pay the enrollment deposit online, click “Pay Now.”
Note: If you need to get a method of payment from your parent(s)/ guardian(s), click “Pay Later” and you will return to your Gold Gateway checklist screen. The system will now connect with our secure payment processing system. Once the screen below appears, enter the required information. Once the information is entered and submitted, you will be directed to confirm the payment.
- The system will now connect with our secure payment processing system. Once the screen below appears, enter the required information.
- Once the information is entered and submitted, you will be directed to confirm the payment.
- Once confirmed, the system will process and you will need to click “continue.” That will bring you back to your Gold Gateway checklist screen. You will notice that “Offer Accepted” and “Deposit Received” will be listed below “Welcome to Western Michigan University.” The “Intent to Enroll” checklist item will also be fulfilled.
- A Notification of Payment will be sent via email.
If you elected to “Pay Later:”
- Login to your Gold Gateway account and navigate to the “My Dashboard” tab. “Offer Accepted” will appear on the left and the Intent to Enroll form will be fulfilled.
- Click “Deposit Now” and follow the steps listed above.
By check or money order
Check or money order payable to Western Michigan University should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5211 USA
Please write the student’s name, Western Identification Number and “Admission Deposit” on the memo line.
Request a waiver
If you wish to request a waiver of the deposit, we ask that you submit a deposit waiver request form. You will receive email confirmation when the waiver has been approved. Note that the enrollment deposit is automatically waived for Pell Grant-eligible students (fafsa.gov).
No, I will not be attending
If you wish to cancel your admission, we ask that you submit a cancellation form. The Enrollment Deposit is refundable for cancellations received by the following dates:
Fall Freshmen - May 1
Fall Transfer Students - August 1
Spring (Freshmen and Transfer Students) - December 1
Summer I (Freshmen and Transfer Students) - April 1
Summer II (Freshmen and Transfer Students) - June 1