Change of Major Request

  • Nearly 45% of WMU students will change their major during their academic careers. Academic Advising ensures the process is centralized, consistent and manageable.


Review the major change requirements for your new major below prior to submitting your request.  You will need to enter your Bronco Net ID and Password to access the form.

Major Change Requirements

  • College of Arts and Sciences

    No requirements.

  • College of Aviation

    Currently not accepting any major changes into the Aviation Flight Science program.  No requirements otherwise.

  • Haworth College of Business

    First semester or overall GPA of at least 2.0.

  • College of Education and Human Development

    An appointment with an academic advisor may be required once your major change application has been reviewed. Please visit the website to learn more about CEHD major requirements.

  • College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
    CEAS-PreparatoryMust have placement into MATH 1110-Algebra II; if MATH placement lower than that, must start at Exploratory Advising.
    All other majorsMust have placement into MATH 1180-Precalculus or higher; or transfer work equivalent to MATH 1180 or higher.
  • College of Fine Arts
    Art HistoryNone.
    ArtPortfolio Application
    Graphic DesignPortfolio Application
    Product DesignPortfolio Application
    Kinetic Imaging: Game ArtPortfolio Application
    Kinetic Imaging: AnimationPortfolio Application
    Kinetic Imaging: Video ArtPortfolio Application
    BFA: CeramicsPortfolio Application
    BFA: SculpturePortfolio Application
    BFA: Metals and JewelryPortfolio Application
    BFA: PaintingPortfolio Application
    BFA: PrintmediaPortfolio Application
    BFA: PhotographyPortfolio Application
    Art EducationPortfolio Application
    BA: MusicMusic Application + NSAD
    Bachelor of Musical ArtsMusic Application + NSAD
    Multimedia Arts TechnologyMusic Application + NSAD
    CompositionMusic Application + NSAD
    Music Education: InstrumentalMusic Application + NSAD
    Music Education: Choral/GeneralMusic Application + NSAD
    Music Performance: InstrumentalMusic Application + NSAD
    Music Performance: VocalMusic Application + NSAD
    Music Performance: KeyboardMusic Application + NSAD
    Music TherapyMusic Application + NSAD
    Jazz StudiesMusic Application + NSAD
    BA in DanceAudition
    BFA in DanceBA Dance Majors apply to become BFA
    Dance MinorPlace name on Dance Minor Waiting List
    BFA ActingAudition
    BFA Music Theatre PerformanceAudition
    BFA in Design and Technical ProductionInterview
    BFA in Stage ManagementInterview
    BA in Art AdministrationInterview
    Theatre MinorApplication with Essay
  • College of Health and Human Services

    An appointment with an academic advisor is required once your major change application has been reviewed.

  • Exploratory Advising

    No requirements.

  • University Studies

    Must have earned 56 credit hours, but exceptions can be made. Contact an advisor to learn more.