Part-Time Instructor Qualifications

The specialty program in alcohol and drug abuse at Western Michigan University occasionally seeks individuals who meet the following minimum qualifications to teach on a part-time basis:

  • Degree: A master's degree in appropriate field for undergraduate courses. A doctoral degree of program equivalent for graduate courses.
  • Licensure: Appropriate licensure (for specific courses) from the State of Michigan or certification from Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals.

If you meet these minimum qualifications and would like to be considered for future part-time instructional opportunities, please submit the materials listed below to

  • Current curriculum vitae, with current email address
  • Statement of qualifications, experience and strengths
  • List of three references, including name, title, email address and phone number

We will notify you by email when we have received your materials. Please note that receipt and acceptance of materials does not constitute an offer of employment. If we are interested in further information, or should an opportunity for employment arise, we will contact you. Thank you for your interest in WMU's specialty program in alcohol and drug abuse.